View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #78
wdawsonsr

Send a message via AIM to wdawsonsr
Default Update on Problems

Rick & David:
I am greatly interested in your post about trials & tribulations. I have 08 T40F with a 28' slide on the driver's side. Right now it is in the shop in Portland, OR going on it's 5th week there. We have been fighting water leaks in the slide since last April. I just got off of the phone with the tech in Portland. He tells me the slide is totally dry. We had two water problems. Water was getting in the ceiling of the slide & draining out of the Dining light fixture to the tune of a couple of gallons of water in 24 hrs in constant rain. The other problem which occured first was standing water on the slide when it was retracted. This was caused by two problems. One was the ceiling frame had sagged about an inch above the Dining table. The other was the wiper seal was not wiping the slide roof dry. After reenforcing the ceiling frame with a steel angle iron & installing a larger wiper seal the tech says it has no standing water. They found the slide roof panel had unsealed at the outside wall. That has been resealed.

Another problem from last February is the headlights will not stay adjusted. It seems the upper part of the headlight assembly has no support. I believe the fix was to fiberglas something to attach to to for support.

The last item to be resolved is the windshield wipers stalling at full extension in moderate to high winds. Supposedly this is a linkage timing problem but the tech is still waiting for a return call from Jim Creech at the factory. Lack of factory response has been a major problem since day one. Not a good way to run an airline in my book.

David. I enjoyed your website with pics & adventure tales. We lived in northern, NH for 35 yrs before moving to Albany, OR 3yrs ago today. Seeing your garage makes me yearn once more for the 30'x48' heated garage we left back there. Oh well.

I should know later today is we can pick up the coach tomorrow.

Regards,
Ed Dawson
2005 Jeep Liberty
7 cats
wdawsonsr is offline   Reply With Quote