View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 10:25 PM   #1
Chrisjan84

Smile 199DD Amerilite Mods/Tips appreciated

I have made a few modifications to our 2021 Amerilite 199DD. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

1. The gray/blackwater tube would not fit in the bumper, because they put the screws for the rear leveling jack stands up into the bumper. I removed their screws and put in some flat head bolts pointing down. Now I can fit the tube in the bumper. (See attachment)
2. Added small 24" Tv with wall mount that locks to the wall while traveling.
3. Added a tongue jack foot. I thought it was strange that it did not come with one...
4. Put a small screw in the storage compartment to hold our level. See picture
5. Added a Door storage hanger on the bathroom door.
6. added paper towel holder over the sink, but I am worried the mounting surface is going to be too weak...
7. waxed the exterior
8. Added heater element to the AC unit, worked well the other morning! Perfect for early morning, quick/free heat.
9. Put a 30 amp plug on our shed, with 10 gauge wire and 30 amp breaker
10. had to clean out the screen mesh before the water pump... How could this possibly be clogged with it being brand new??
11. Swept up tons of drill bit shavings, from all over, in hot water heater area, fridge area, under dinette seats, under queen bed.
12. Measured freshwater tank. based on dimensions Its only 23 Gallons..... the website lies . it says 36 gallons. I called gulf stream on this. they said its rated at 30.. 23 in the tank, 6 in the hot water heater and 1 in the lines. .... That is pushing the truth a little. The website still says 36!! Unless they magically figured out how to compress water.. j/k..
13. Checked the torque on the wheels, a few lug nuts were not quite torqued.
14. inflated the tires to 60 psi as the sticker on the side recommended.
15. Noticed on of the marker light covers was broken. probably hit it on a tree on a back road.
16. Tightened screws in the sliding window, and the diamond plate on the front. I assume the ones on the diamond plate will work themselves out again since a few seems to go nowhere.
17. The drawer under the dinette seat the track was not screwed in. had to find some new screws because they kept falling out.
18. Drained the freshwater tank and did the bleach treatment. I find the freshwater tank hard to drain. Seems like the tube that comes out of it also spins, have to use both hands.
19. I leave the screws out of the bottom bunk so I can have easy access to the water tank and pump.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200725_161442845.jpg (182.9 KB, 40 views)
Chrisjan84 is offline   Reply With Quote