Thread: SN Shocks
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 11:20 AM   #19
Tonyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTC_R View Post
Hi Tonyf. Have you been out enough to get a sense if the Sway Bar actually helps? My 6400 rocks like crazy in the wind and I've even stopped driving because it just flat wore me out. I see this sway bar on the eTrailer site and if it works, I'm in... Let us know, thanks.
I know how you feel. I drove it 40 miles or so to the International dealer during high winds to have the brakes fixed when I first bought it and it was white knuckles all the way.

Before I added the Timbrens, it would rock some in crosswinds and ride rough, not to mention being pushed around by crosswinds. I really didn't drive it a lot before making the changes. I knew generally from racing and past experience what had to be done to it to improve the suspension and after that trip to the dealer I just moved forward with it. There is no one fix to correct everything; all aspects need to be addressed (read costly). The bar seems to help, especially with the slightly softer suspension. All of my testing and driving was done with empty water and holding tanks.

I'm hoping the steering stabilizer will help with the wandering during crosswinds. After that, I'm done with the suspension.

Next step is to address the towing, I'm not sure I can even get it out of my driveway with the race trailer attached. Hopefully I won't have to revisit the suspension.

You might need both front and rear bars, best suggestion would be to call RoadMaster. I did watch some before and after videos they had available, big difference, but they were Class A.