View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 09:30 AM   #9
AppliedThinking

Well the hydraulic flush did not work. The jack would not stay down or up. So it was decision time of purchasing the QEI-16 cylinder or the complete corner for each of the two front jacks. I certainly did not want to think about crawling under the RV with a bottle jack while on the road especially in bad weather. So I went with two complete corner systems and will keep the older QEI-21 jacks for spare parts in case the rear ones start to go south. This was the quickest and most guaranteed way to fix the issue at hand. Safety is key in my book. At least now I will be able to see the fluid level in the tank in stead of using long wooden Q-Tips for dip sticks in the older steel tanks. I will definitely cover the extended jacks while parked especially when at the beach. I will also wipe them down before retracting. The fine beach sand is a jack killer for sure. I am sure there is a hydraulic shop somewhere in San Diego area. Maybe if the back jacks tart to fail. I would fully agree with the above statement needing strong jacks for the back end. I will get the RV weighed once it's back on the road.
AppliedThinking is offline   Reply With Quote