Thread: Water leak
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #15
darbyjudy

Default Chasing water leak

Well I think I finally found the problem causing the water leak in the bedroom slide out. We were in Eastern TN and had several days of rain and once again the bedroom slide out leaked in the rear corner. I put a pan under it and had to empty the pan several times in the night. The next day I was really hot and called LaMesa who had sold me the MH and had guaranteed me that the leak was repaired. No satisfation, so then called LaMesa customer relations in CA. Now this problem has been going on since I bought the MH in April of 2005. Well it must have made me feel better because I started looking again for the source of the leak. It was raining lightly so I ran the slide in a little and felt all along the top and it was dry. Then I got out my ladder and climbed to the top and notices water running to the outside of the slide out and then toward the back of it. I really looked closly this time and it was running under the medal corner trim and then dcown to the bottom of the slide and theminside of the slide out and dripping off between the plywood and the medal trim. I have sealed the medal trim with some clear sealer and it looks as if it has solved the problem. Now why couldn't the RV Tech find this problem, instead he replaced the seal around the slide . Once again the small things was overlooked. Well anyway if this is solved I will be very happy. You will never know how many hours I layed awake worring about this water leak. When you become a senior you don't need this . Also have got the compartment water leak stopped by spraying some foam on top of the compartment. So things are looking up.