Thread: Water leak
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #8
darbyjudy

Default Update on water leak

Mike I heard from Butch at Gulfstream today and they turned me down on repair by warrenty. So I guess I will just have to continue trying different things until I get it fixed. One thing I have did that may help is install a piece of rubber gutter on the sidewall of the slide out. I seen this on a new Monoco and it looks as if it may work. If the water gets past the swipe seal it then will run down the side and the gutter will catch it and it will run to the outside. Sounds good, I just hope it works. Also on the bedroom slide out Butch mentioned a couple of closed cell rubber blocks to seal between the two pieces of aluminum angle at the top. I appears they were left off in manufacture. So If the gutter doesn't work I will try to find some 1 1/2 inch rubber about 6 inchs long to install at the top and see what happens next. This is so fustrating, I had a 6 year old winnebago with a slide that never leaked, I upgrade to a newer motor home and I have had water leaks from day one. Also on the compartment leak, it is coming from the top, the factory has forgot to spray the foam stuff on the outside of the top to seal it. At this point I can't figure out how to get into it to seal it. If I could buy some foam in a can with a hose maybe I could get to it. I will just have to do some checking.