View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 08:00 PM   #2
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713
Default reL House battery dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21bt View Post
New motor home, the house battery goes dead after a couple days. Charged it up then cut off the house battery disconnect switch, same thing battery dead after a couple days. I disconnected the ground wire ant there is definitely a draw on the battery with the disconnect switch off. I hear a clicking sound coming from the generator when I touch the ground wire to the battery. I also found that the generator will start with the battery disconnect switch off. Any suggestions?
Some GENS start from chassis battery, assume you are talking coach? 1) If rig has a LPG SOLENDOID (visible back at tank?), some rigs WIRE it to BYPASS switch, and solenoid can be A HUGE LOAD), 2) but also possible NOT charging battery as much as you think, (often takes 4-to-24-hrs to charge to 100%) OR 3) battery aged/ failing? If you can bench charge overnight, and then LOAD TEST (auto store can test for free); 4) PO installed equipment MIGHT be on, as might hidden items like TRUNK/CARGO LIGHTS? Very geric answer, not knowing YOUR rig.