View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 02:09 PM   #4
SlimTim

Hello ST Racing

I have searched the internet from one end to the other for a VT365 programmer. The only one I found was manufactured by Hypermax however, when I tried to order one they were no longer available. I have a thread on here so if you do a search on Hypermax it should come up.

If it has not already been done I would encourage you to put a Bullet Proof Diesel air to oil cooler on your rig. This cooler replaces the stock water to oil cooler the VT365 and ford 6.0’s came with. I am a big believer that most of the issues with the VT365 and Ford 6.0 were caused by the stock cooler becoming plugged on the water side. Once this happens the EGR cooler will go bad and you can start having turbo, HPOP and injector issues.

In regards to the performance enhancers that are currently available (I have the MP8 on my 6400), I am not sure they do much at full load. I can turn my MP8 up and down and I can feel it pick up power when pulling off from a stoplight. However, when climbing a grade and your at full power I can turn the MP8 on and off and there is absolutely no change in performance. FYI I also have a water/methanol injection system on my 6400.

I pull a smaller enclosed trailer with up to four dirt bikes, fuel, gear, tooles and everything else for a weeks worth of riding. My 6400 does fine on the flat and small hills, but when I get to a large pass (I live in OR) I will be down to 35 or 40 mph. But I always get to the top, just not as fast as others.

PM me if you have any questions.

Tim
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote