View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #5
rdlamb

Hi Curt:

The FMC site has a great article about aux brake systems for your toad. Take it from the professional driver, Art, and myself, if you tow a toad you need an aux brake system.

I have had individuals cut me off, pull in front of me, sudden stops while going down 6% grades and more, where my aux brake system more than saved my bacon, it saved my wife and two pets.

You tow a Blazer, with a Crescendo. The extra weight of the Blazer will "push" the Crescendo and negate some of your braking power.

I use the U.S. Gear Unified braking system. For the only reason that the dealer that I bought it from recommended it. Since then (almost 3 years), I have seen and considered other systems. We all have our opinions, but any system that works, regardless of the "hassle" of use, is worth it.

Oh, Canada will require an aux system on all toads. And, I am one luck individual who was part of a routine courtesy check (along with 100 others), where the officer mentioned he appreciated the aux system and would have ticket me if I lacked one.

Safe Travels
Rick

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote