View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 05:02 PM   #5
pwerwagn

I change my oil every 3-4K, and use Rotella T6. 6.0's are HEUI injection, and they use oil pressure to generate fuel pressure in the injectors. There is TONS of reading on oil in 6.0's if you want.

The fuel filter assembly on a VT365 is from a 7.3 powerstroke (or 444E IH). It is not the same filter as the 6.0 ford. Also, there is a filter on the fuel pump on the passenger side. More of a screen, or rock catcher haha. But mine has had stuff in it.

6.0's love good fuel and good oil. Change it all often. I am not a proponent of changing oil on most vehicles (my daily driver has almost 100K since an oil change haha)...but on the VT365/6.0, you HAVE to change the oil. Bad oil leads to injector stiction and a host of other issues.

By the way, if you have any stiction issues, Archoil 9100 really does work well to bandaid an injector with sticky spool valves. Its not always a permanent fix, but can help if the symptoms are small.

I use FL2016 motorcraft oil filters. The fuel filters is a Motorcraft FD4596. If someone has replaced your fuel filters with like a Wix, you will likely also need a new fuel cap. I keep a dorman 904-203 spare just in case one cracks.

--Jeff