View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 05:48 PM   #2
Oldflyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog63 View Post
After 40 years of coast to coast semi truck driving and camping in our Jayco pop up with ac I retired and bought a gulf stream conquest 6320, love the motor home but it just seems like it’s a job out there and not much fun anymore, am I missing something here? Surely many of you full time it and some part time a lot so there has to be some sentiment.
Hi Seadog,

I to have a Conquest 6320. Not sure what you call a job but there are tings that ha ve to be done to set up and break down. No matter what RV you have.
The Class C has to be easier than a pop-up. Not sure if you have auto-level or not but that helps tons! Don't know if that is standard on the 6320 or not.

All I can say is to not be in hurry, have a system to setting up and breaking down.

I do this so that 1) I don't back track on doing things and 2) to be in the habit of doing the same ting every time. I flew for 50 years military and commercial and when you do things the same every time. if you forget something, it just "doesn't feel right". Doing check list at the same time etc. An alarm goes off in your head.
Having things easy accessible and close to where you need them helps.
Hopefully you will not find it to much of a job and quit.
Happy camping!!
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Haltom City, TX
Oldflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote