View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 01:18 PM   #12
RayChez1

I will say that for five thousand, you are not even paying for the diesel engine if it is in good condition. I have also had both gasoline 36 foot motor home which I bought brand new. I kept it for six months and five thousand miles on it. The coach weight 19K lbs, had a V-10 Ford engine. Good engine, but does not compare with a diesel engine. I got rid of it right away after going through some strong cross winds coming out of Zion and driving to Las Vegas. I thought the motor home was going to roll over. I was all over the road and a very scary situation. I drove into Las Vegas and traded it in for a diesel pusher, brand new. Like I said before, there is no comparison. Diesel wins on every aspect as to which is better. I have had my diesel coach now since April 2003 with a Cat engine and now has 75K miles on it, and it is actually just breaking in that engine. It took 60K miles for the Cat engine to break in and is running perfect. I would say go with a diesel over a gasoline. No comparison what so ever. Diesels engines are good for a minimum of 400K and a max of a million miles. Gasoline engines at 150K miles are at a period where they will need an over haul because gasoline engines rev at a high rpm and it takes a toll on the wear. I am a retired mechanical supervisor and I do know engines.

Now as to the coach for sale, there are many factors in purchasing a used motor home. It does raise a red flag as to why the person is selling it so cheap. Might be something serious is wrong with the superstructure or other mechanical problems which could cost a lot of money. But that goes with any purchase of a used coach. Have an expert check it out and test drive it, and that way you can get a better picture as to what you are going or not going to buy.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote