Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-08-2020, 06:59 PM   #1
Truck55

Default More problems with my 04 sun voyager

Couple of things

Moved Moho today and noticed brake pedal going to floorboard. When I got out I saw brake fluid all over the driveway. I looked under and it is leaking from the cross member in the front. Didn’t crawl under as I have rear jacked up fixing a flat. Anyone else had this problem? If so what line did you have to buy? I’m sure I can change it

Also I noticed I have 2 12v house batteries. They are 3 years old so I’m going to replace them. Anyone know if this is correct or should they be 6v?

I was having problems with living groom slide. Put it out about a month ago. Was plugged all this time. Slide came back in fine.

When I moved the camper I was putting the rear jacks and they just stopped. I plugged it back up and they then went down rest of way down. So I’m sure my batteries are going bad

Would appreciate any help on these things

Dan

04 sun voyager with 2 slides on F-53 chassis
Truck55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 09:43 PM   #2
jlmanatee

Yes, I had a brake line start leaking on my '06 Sun Voyager. In my case it sprayed directly on the exhaust and made a lot of smoke. A shop near me was able to replace the brake line tubing with generic line. It ran down the cross member from the left to the front right brake. Cost was about $200 if I remember correctly.
I had 2-12v batts for the house, but I replace them with 2-6v golfcart batteries from Sams. That's worked rather well for me.
Also check the hydraulic oil reservoir. Maybe it's low.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:47 AM   #3
Truck55

Had it towed to shop today. They can fix the brake line. I got under but the dang thing is so low to the ground. I jacked it up but wasn’t comfortable working under it. The brake line goes from right front across to drivers side and towards the rear

Hope it doesn’t cost too much to fix. I see where some people say you can’t get brake lines for these coaches any longer

I’m sure Ford has them and will charge arm and leg
Old 09-14-2020, 03:30 PM   #4
Truck55

This is the 4th Motorhome I have owned and by far the worst
It does have full body paint so it looks great on the outside

But just about everything that could go wrong has gone wrong with this camper

Gonna cost me 400. To get brakes fixed. I think I’m gonna sale it for whatever I can get for it. I know I will take a Huge loss but I just can’t depend on this dang thing
Old 09-20-2020, 11:21 AM   #5
Truck55

Brakes are fixed.

Next problem. Now none of my 12v lights are working
Anyone have any idea which fuse controls them. I’m sure that’s what it is

Also anyone know how to access slide motor. It’s the big slide. Goes out fine but just tries to come in but won’t do it
Old 09-22-2020, 10:35 AM   #6
Truck55

Installed new house batteries and now slide works. Still having 12v electrical problems
Old 12-29-2020, 08:47 AM   #7
bharbison2500

I recently bought a 1999 Sun Voyager. I've had some issues but nothing that would want me to get rid of the coach. I assumed I'd have to replace everything and have been happy when there was something I didn't have to replace. I would just start pulling every fuse and check them with a meter. If there is any discoloration in the fuse flick it with your finger and test. I had one that looked good test good but wasn't completely burn through but wouldn't allow the coach to start. House batteries are very important, I wasted many hours troubleshooting false issues that went away when I put new house batteries along with doubling my house battery capacity. Which of your 12V Lights are not working?

1999 Gulfstream Sun Voyager 8362SVB
Cummins ISL 8.3L 275HP Allison

NSA Readybrake with Ready Brute Elite II

2011 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Toad
bharbison2500 is offline   Reply With Quote