Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-24-2022, 10:04 AM   #1
Kenmax

Default Propane

2003 conquest 31' motorhome
I have no gas coming thru the lines. 3/4 tank full. Could it be the regulator?
Kenmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 02:41 PM   #2
NavyLCDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmax View Post
2003 conquest 31' motorhome
I have no gas coming thru the lines. 3/4 tank full. Could it be the regulator?
I don't know your exact system but:

Some tanks and regulators have a built-in shut-off device (check valve) that shuts off propane if it sees an excessive flow which would indicate a leak. The way to reset that is to shut the supply valve on the tank. Bleed residual propane in the system by opening a stove burner valve (and then close it again). Then slowly open the supply valve on the tank to equalize pressure slowly before fully opening it. This should reset any flow activated check valves.

The other safety device that some RV propane systems have is a solenoid valve that is connected to propane leak detector inside the RV. I believe the solenoid is normally closed (no 12-volt DC power means the solenoid closes). In a normal, no-alarm state the propane leak detector sends 12 volts DC to the solenoid valve to keep it open. If the propane leak detector alarms, it stops the 12 volts DC to the solenoid valve causing it to close. If your system has such a valve, check for 12 volts DC going to it. Removing power from the solenoid valve should cause it close and you will hear a click as it closes. Apply power again and you should hear it click open.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 02:06 AM   #3
Henry111

A propane gauge gives the users an idea of when the gas force is about to run out. It's not an energy hand per se, but it's the only way to tell when the tank is getting low. Much better than running down! Both ends fit impeccably. It was hot and readily install. I wish I had done this a long time agone.
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote