Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class B+
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-25-2021, 10:23 AM   #1
Dolm

Default 2005 BT Cruiser 5250B - Slide outs pics/vid?

I have a 2005 BT Cruier model 5250B, which I just purchased.

My drivers side sofa slide out is dragging very hard on the carpet on the wardrobe side. It wouldn't open all the way as the bottom cut-out (left lower corner) was colliding with a box next to the bathroom wall.
I was able to lift the wardrobe corner up and move this carpet covered box in place, the slide moves all the way out and seals pretty well now. The previous owner didn't divulge any of these issues, it was raining like Armageddon when I made the two hour drive to look at this RV. I assumed everything was ok and bought it (my mistake I guess). They had stuffed pipe insulation in the top of the slide trying to block the wind I guess.

This slide is still sagging down a bit, and is slow/hard to open still. It looks like the rollers are bending up the bottom panel, and maybe the floor is weak?

Are there any videos or pictures of what these slides look like disassembled? Any way to work on the floor with the slide in place, maybe jacked up from the outside?
Dolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:21 PM   #2
Charley1949

I have a 2004 BT Cruiser 5250, and was wondering how I would get the slide outs back in if the motor stopped. Not seeing any manual options. Where would they be?
Charley1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:46 PM   #3
Dolm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley1949 View Post
I have a 2004 BT Cruiser 5250, and was wondering how I would get the slide outs back in if the motor stopped. Not seeing any manual options. Where would they be?
You might start your own thread for this question. No offense, but posting a thread hijack like this not only leaves your question buried under my post, it also lessens the likelihood I'll get an answer since people who might know will see this has a reply and pass it by.
Old 05-02-2021, 03:38 PM   #4
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Charley 1949, My 99 Conquest slides are hydraulic. so they have mechanical pump option. Is your hydraulic or gear drive?
Old 05-15-2021, 02:41 PM   #5
Zapper58

Had a problem simular to yours. Ended up moving a roller towards the end of the slide out. It carried the weight better , raised it up to clear the carpet.
Zapper58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 04:02 PM   #6
Dolm

That's the thing, I want to do that, but i cant figure out how/where..I cant see under the slide more than just barely able to see the top of the rollers.\

How do you get to them? How do you move them, or lift the slide even?
Old 05-16-2021, 03:58 PM   #7
RY469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolm View Post
That's the thing, I want to do that, but i cant figure out how/where..I cant see under the slide more than just barely able to see the top of the rollers.\

How do you get to them? How do you move them, or lift the slide even?
There are basically two types of rollers. One is adjustable. You have to use a really long socket extension from the front side (inside the coach) to get at it. If you have the fixed kind, they can be shimmed. With slide all the way out, sometimes you can get some split half washers under a partially loosened mount screw . . . Or pull the slide out of the camper. There are other options, like a metal plate attached to the floor of the slide. I do suggest if the fix is not obvious, find a Tech with experience on slides. In the long run you will be happier.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 04:14 PM   #8
Dolm

I found a YT video yesterday where someone had the same issue starting, and it had never occurred to me to mount some heavy sheet metal between the rollers and floor. I think that will fix my issue, and I'm comfortable doing the work. Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:19 PM   #9
Zapper58

I used a floor jack and 2x4 and 4 x 4 wood to lift slide. Just enough room to get a mirror between slide and opening to see how the roller was fastened. Difficult but doable.
Zapper58 is offline   Reply With Quote