Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-12-2022, 08:55 PM   #1
Willyt

Default Domestic ice maker

Hello RVers,
I have an 02 Friendship....has anyone figured out how to replace the ice maker line that goes up the back of the frig to the ice maker with out pulling the frig ? If I have to pull the frig, I don't need an ice maker that bad. Just thought their might be some redneck way to do it. Any thoughts appreciated...thanks in advance !
Willyt
Willyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 02:15 PM   #2
Chuck v

Willy,

You probably have the water distribution manifold on your coach -- on mine (a 2007 tour Master) there was an independent shutoff for just the ice maker in the residential refrigerator. On my coach, there is a small exterior access door that is at the bottom of the refrigerator where you might be able to access that 1/4 inch ice maker line.

Is your issue a leak on the line and you wish to repair it? Many times these ice maker lines get split due to freezing...it is not difficult to properly winterize this line, but is often overlooked.

It is quite a chore to fully remove the residential refrigerator on some coaches --on mine I simply moved it out part way to gain a bit more access from the exterior hatch. Because the refrigerator on my coach was mounted several inches above the floor level, I had to use a platform to do this. See my post #11 in this thread and the images it references...
https://www.gsowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3946

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 02:34 PM   #3
Willyt

Thanks for the info Chuck v ! I’ve replied to you once already but don’t think it went through ! Hope you get this one. Yea my ice maker line is shot, crumbly mess so it does need replaced. Was just looking for an alternative method to install one without pulling fridge.
Old 08-23-2022, 01:40 PM   #4
racerpro

Default 2003 Friendship

I have a 2003 Friendship and replaced my line by connecting new line with a barbed connection to the old line. Takes some twisting and pulling but was able to get new line in without pulling fridge. Another friend ran a fish line thru the old line before pulling the old line out. Then fed fish in into new hose. Hose followed the line as he pushed it thru.
racerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 10:21 PM   #5
Willyt

Thanks racerpro, I pretty much did the same thing. Pushed it through, attached new line, pulled it up and through with para cord to freezer, hopefully good to go
So guys... it's about as redneck as you can get for this fix, $3 vs $400, no brainer !!
Good luck guys !!