Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-25-2022, 09:14 PM   #1
Travelrat58

Default Freedom 458 Iverter

Hello,
I’m in need of help. I have a 2006 Gulfstream Crescendo. Just within the last week there has been a major power problem. One week everything worked fine then we needed to install new batteries and shortly there after there has been trouble in the electrical system? My son is a master mechanic he’s done everything he can. He thinks it’s the inverter. He also says the 2 of the fuse blocks were not getting power the ones under the drivers set. None of the overhead lights nothing in the front was working. There are a series of beakers that have labels with breakers. They were all checked but with no results. I’m no automotive expert when it comes to some electrical I’m very slightly knowledgeable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Travelrat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 10:30 AM   #2
Chuck v

Rat,

Not sure about your Crescendo, but my Tour Master had three battery banks. One was dedicated to the chassis and used to start the engine, another was the 'house' battery bank that powered all the 12 volt lamps and small TVs in the coach, and the third was a set of four each 6-volt golf cart style batteries that powered the inverter and started the diesel generator.

Which set of batteries were replaced with new ones in your coach? Is this coach new to you or have you had it several seasons? Are the battery disconnect switches (mine were in the stair well -- yours may be elsewhere...) set to ON? These two switches apply to the House and Chassis battery banks and do not impact the inverter battery bank.

The Xantrex 458 inverter has its own control panel (mine was in the cabinet above the windshield to the left of the TV...) Do you have manuals for this inverter? I will try to attach it below...

Chuck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Xantrex_Freedom_458_owners_manual.pdf (594.0 KB, 0 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 12:59 PM   #3
Travelrat58

Thank you Chuck,
I’ve had this coach for about 9 years or so? I have actually changed both sets of batteries, (they were changed out in 2016. Now again just within the last couple of weeks. With the generator running I can only get 1 A/C and none of the lights work. Could the fact that there are 2 banks of fuses with no power that my cause there to be no power? I do have a manual for the Freedom 458. I’ve given it to my son who needs an actual wiring schematic. I’ve tried resetting the inverter on the inverter itself . Could it be done from the control panel inside the coach? I might give it a try? Would the breaker on the actual inverter have anything to do with the problem if it were stuck or anything?
Travelrat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 01:47 PM   #4
Chuck v

Which floorplan do you have? If you have the factory inverter option you should have four each 6-volt batteries in place of the two each 12 volt house batteries that would be there without an inverter --is that in fact what you have? I will try to attach a screen shot of the brochure page for the 2006 models...hopefully when you enlarge it it will be readable. Do you have the diesel generator and does it start and run correctly?

Not sure what your exact issues are with the second air conditioner not running, but it is true if you are connected to a 110 volt power instead of the 50 amp shore power of a park hookup you will not get both AC units to run at once.

Do you have pictures of your battery disconnect switches and of the relay panels in the bay?

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006 Crescendo data.jpg (390.1 KB, 3 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote