Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-18-2019, 10:44 AM   #1
nuthousegranny

Default 2000 gulfstream sunvoyager/plumbing

Help please Where is the water pump located in my coach and how do I get it to turn on. Checked fuse in box and turned on at overhead stove top and bathroom but NO sound of pump

Thank you in advance
nuthousegranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:21 AM   #2
Restorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthousegranny View Post
Help please Where is the water pump located in my coach and how do I get it to turn on. Checked fuse in box and turned on at overhead stove top and bathroom but NO sound of pump

Thank you in advance
The pump should be very close to the water supply tank.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 10:29 AM   #3
DolceFarNiente

On my 97 Sun Voyager, the pump is located in the same compartment as the shore power cord.

Find the water fill/city water hookup on the driver's side rear of your coach. Look in the compartment directly under it and you should find the pump.

There is also a water pump switch in the bathroom. Try switching that on and see if you get water.
DolceFarNiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:19 AM   #4
glavinfamily

I have a 2002, the pump is in the compartment left of the compartment where the dump valves are.

If the second switch doesn't turn the pump on and the red light is illuminated on the panel listen for the pump, if you hear it running you have vapor/vacuum lock. You would need to disconnect the output line from the pump, turn pump on and if water pumps out, problem solved, just reconnect water line and you are good to go. This happens to me every few years.
glavinfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:36 AM   #5
bmojmhs

Find your water tank, it's the white plastic one, find the connection that provides water to the pump and make sure there is enough water in the tank to cover the connection. If there is not enough water the pump will run but nothing will come out.

My pump is directly below my water tank in the bay forward of the plumbing bay.

I had a similar problem until I figured out there was not enough water in the tank. When you travel you need to make sure you have enough water as when you stop on the side of the road to use the toilet the road is sloped such that the right side is lower than the drivers side and the water in the tank does not cover the pump suction connection. You then end up with no water for the toilet.
bmojmhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:45 PM   #6
RayChez1

On my coach the water pump is on the passenger side in the same compartment where the select valve is for filling the tank or if you turn the ball valve 15 degrees to the right it is for direct flow from the faucet outside in the resort. The water pumps are from Surflow and they do fail. I have had a couple replaced already. Way to tell is by testing the wires to the valve and if you have current, then the motor is frozen and needs to be replaced. $105.00 easy to install. If you do not have current to the pump, then you have a fuse burnt out in the fuse box. Usually there is a schematic or picture of the fuses in the compartment telling you what they are for. Check the list and you will find the fuse, pull it out to check to see if it is blown.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:14 PM   #7
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Many pump switches on hood over range; some have 2nd switch in bath?
Old 09-30-2019, 10:37 AM   #8
Sudsy

On my '05 it's in the compartment on the drivers side just forward of the rear wheels. My "full timers" water filter is in there too.

Sudsy
Old 04-29-2020, 10:01 AM   #9
mhogge

I am still! working on a fresh water leak in my 05 sunvoyager, it drips off the top of black water tank drivers side sewer bay. would anyone have a plumbing diagram showing which lines run where?
Has anyone ever removed fresh OR black water tanks?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
mhogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:48 AM   #10
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhogge View Post
I am still! working on a fresh water leak in my 05 sunvoyager, it drips off the top of black water tank drivers side sewer bay. would anyone have a plumbing diagram showing which lines run where?
Has anyone ever removed fresh OR black water tanks?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
Not sure the layout of your floor plan, but I used to have a water leak that was dripping water on one of my compartments and I did not know where it was coming from UNTIL I saw water dripping off the ice maker line. Not inside the coach, but outside where the shut off valve and the automatic ice maker controls are located. The thing was hard to track because it would only leak when the timer on the ice maker would call for more water to make ice. Apparently the quarter inch line had frozen over the winter and had a small hole on it. Might want to check yours?
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 04-29-2020, 11:05 AM   #11
bmojmhs

On my motorhome all water lines running from one side to the other run between the black and grey tanks. Not sure of the number of connections on the top of the black tank, but should be the toilet, sink, and the shower.

Don't rule out condensation either.

In the summer, for 2 months, I go to a campground near my son's. They have a water well and pump system. Every time I'm there one of my connections under the kitchen sink drips off and on. Nothing serious but a pain. The other 10 months I'm not there and I have no problems. I don't change anything in my water hookup. I figure the campground pump has pressure issues.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:47 PM   #12
mhogge

RayChez1: thanks, but my fridge is on the opposite side of my drip.

I appreciate your reply

bmojmhs: I have ruled out condensation, and yes I have lines between the tanks BUT I think I'm going to remove them, inspect, hopefully repair and replace?

I am thinking it may be coming from the vertical lines running to the sink and shower Problem there is all the black foam spray that is holding them fast in place and I haven't figured out how to remove that stuff. Hopefully we will get a break in the rain soon and I will continue to look for clues.

I appreciate you guys
Old 04-30-2020, 12:55 AM   #13
bmojmhs

In my hallway going past the shower I have an "inspection cover." You may have the same thing. I've never taken it off but one may be able to see the top of the black tank to see if it's wet.

I had an RV tech remove the factory insulation off the back of the water heater to get at the connections. He had no trouble getting it off. The problem I had was getting something to replace it with. It is a vertical surface and the insulation spray foams don't like vertical surfaces. I eventually got some on there but if it's really cold out I will run the hot water heater all night so it doesn't freeze.

There must be some way to check your shower connections to see if it is them causing the problem without ripping everything apart.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:09 AM   #14
mhogge

I took the inspection plate under the shower door off and it truly is an inspection (only) plate as there is no room to do any work there but you can see the water line. And I did take the bath fixtures off , to see the lines from the top side, then I remove the clamps from top end and bottom end hoping to pull them thru to inspect and replace if needed but that foam is holding fast ie; will not budge. trying to figure out some way to remove the foam? The water heater is almost impossible to get to from the topside maybe see how difficult to remove from outside (as soon as the rain stops).

thanks for your input
Old 04-30-2020, 11:27 AM   #15
RayChez1

On my Scenic Cruiser you remove the outside plastic cover behind the outside shower and outside faucets and both tanks are then exposed. Lot of PEX lines can be seen from that inspection area. I believe RV's now days all use PEX water lines and are in different colors to distinguish which are for hot and which are for cold water.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 04-30-2020, 12:07 PM   #16
bmojmhs

I have a GS gasser so some things will be different from a DP.

My water heater is installed from outside. All my water lines are inside heated areas.

Before you go taking too much apart, if you have an iPhone use it to take pictures of the areas that are hard to see and you might be able to figure out what the problem is. Even use a selfing stick if you have one.

What part of the country are you in where it's always raining. I live in the Pacific Northwest and it's sunny here.