Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-21-2021, 07:59 PM   #1
Therapypatient

Default Dealer Prep

Hello All,
I purchased a 2021 Envision 21QBD September 2020. I have camped in it every month since purchase. I continue to have a leak near the shower floor. I took it in to dealer in January and picked up 2 weeks ago. Camped this weekend and discovered there is still a leak there as well as under both sinks and under belly. After removing panels, I discovered that none of the plumbing connections were tightened. Isn’t this part of the “Dealer prep” fee? I bought a new trailer and have had continuous leaks in the floor. This is very concerning as my new trailer has water damage!
Therapypatient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:00 AM   #2
Eddndee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapypatient View Post
Hello All,
I purchased a 2021 Envision 21QBD September 2020. I have camped in it every month since purchase. I continue to have a leak near the shower floor. I took it in to dealer in January and picked up 2 weeks ago. Camped this weekend and discovered there is still a leak there as well as under both sinks and under belly. After removing panels, I discovered that none of the plumbing connections were tightened. Isn’t this part of the “Dealer prep” fee? I bought a new trailer and have had continuous leaks in the floor. This is very concerning as my new trailer has water damage!
Buy an electric dehumidifier and dry it out. It would be nice if they gave you a new one but they won’t. That is a sign, every connection needs to be checked.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:28 AM   #3
mudhen1952

Default Water leaks

My 5255 model has a similar water leak after using the shower, but I'm not sure it's the water lines leaking. My thoughts were the water is coming from where the plastic shower wall meets the floor drain pan, or at the floor drain itself.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

How do you get to all of the water line connections to see if they are leaking?

Has anyone found the manufacturer willing to give assistance with these problems? The selling dealer is useless.
mudhen1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:17 PM   #4
Eddndee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhen1952 View Post
My 5255 model has a similar water leak after using the shower, but I'm not sure it's the water lines leaking. My thoughts were the water is coming from where the plastic shower wall meets the floor drain pan, or at the floor drain itself.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

How do you get to all of the water line connections to see if they are leaking?

Has anyone found the manufacturer willing to give assistance with these problems? The selling dealer is useless.
I find that most of the lines can be found, hidden behind panels, in closets and under drawers. For those that can’t be seen, I have a boroscope I-can fish into areas to inspect for joints leaking.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:05 PM   #5
somedave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapypatient View Post
Isn’t this part of the “Dealer prep” fee?
I found out my two-week old trailer was apparently rewrapped after sustaining transport damage and I wasn’t informed prior to purchase (I’m told this is fairly common, but still leaves a bad taste). On top of that they apparently completely forgot to reinstall my city water inlet - it’s just siding where the inlet should be. Turns out you don’t actually think to look for blindingly obvious things like totally missing standard connections during the walkthrough.

So yeah, “dealer prep” is a joke IMO…on us.
somedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:59 AM   #6
UAHaerospace

'Dealer Prep' is only what you want to beleive it is... the dealers actually do VERY LITTLE of any type of 'prep'(whatever that means, anyway) to an RV that is ALREADY prepped from the factory, unless you are considering pulling the plastic wrap off the fridge as 'prep', otherwise, NO, they DO NOT run pressurized water thru your system, or fill your holding tank, or try the microwave, or have someone take a shower. None. They expect the FACTORY to have done quality control, and, after all, the FACTORY will be paying for any warranty work, which the DEALER makes money on!

Dealer Prep is a fancy 'term' for a fee that makes you 'feel better' that it actually means something important.
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 02:05 AM   #7
Ldubs

Different model, but also had a slow leak in the shower. When they put the faucet bezel on they drove one of the screws right through the cold water Pex line. Leak wasn't too bad because the screw was acting like a stopper. Rather than take it in I just fixed it myself.

Oh, and they forgot to plug in the fridge. That explained why it didn't work very well on AC power.

They waived the prep fee when we bought the TT. I guess I know why now. Haha.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer prep, leaks, loose fittings, under belly leak