Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-04-2020, 11:23 PM   #1
TexasRancher

Default Removing Wardrobe Slide Room

I am repairing rotted floor in 2004 Sunvoyager 8378MXG. Have bathroom walls removed. Now I need to remove the wardrobe slide out to get to floor under there. Does anyone have instructions for this? Thankyou.
TexasRancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:51 AM   #2
Sudsy

I just relayed out bedroom floor. I just ran the slide allt he way out and it was out of the way. The mechanism does bplt down to the floor but the slide didn't fall out when I removed the lag bolts. I replaced all that pressed wood with 3/4" plywood.

Sudsy
Old 01-12-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
BobClearyJr

Default Slide Floor

We have a 2011 Yellowstone, 32 foot Class-C. We have had to have both slide floors replaced. I found some YouTube videos on how to do it, but when I got to the part where you need a forklift to remove the slide I decided the job was not really a do-it-yourself job.

The first repair was the slide with the couch and stove. The observed problem was the couch and floor were rocking when people sat down or stood up. The actual problem was not visible until the slide was removed by Pocono RV, Wind Gap, PA. The bracket that held the floor in place broke and was deemed a design flaw. $4,000 and 6 weeks later the problem was fixed.

The second repair was the slide with the bunk beds and master bedroom wardrobe. The "black trash bag" moisture barrier under the slide was ripped by the roller holding up the slide and the particle board turned into mush. This repair was done by Camping World, Kingston, NY. The repair included a moisture barrier that is more of a thick laminate and metal runners were placed over the rollers. $9,000 and 4 weeks later the repair was done. Here are before and after pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20171021_001.jpg (93.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180324_121919196_HDR.jpg (108.0 KB, 12 views)
BobClearyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 02:15 PM   #4
Chuck v

I had similar metal skids installed on my vanity slide on my Tour Master T40C by a shop near Junction City Oregon -- Only took a day and cost just $650. This shop was a spinoff of the Marathon factory in that area and the guys there were both knowledgeable and efficient...

The moisture barrier (black tarp-like material) was pretty torn up prior to this repair...

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front of vanity slide.jpg (308.6 KB, 13 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:33 PM   #5
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRancher View Post
I am repairing rotted floor in 2004 Sunvoyager 8378MXG. Have bathroom walls removed. Now I need to remove the wardrobe slide out to get to floor under there. Does anyone have instructions for this? Thankyou.
On my Scenic Cruiser it is very easy. It has adjusting screws on the top hanger. Screw them up and the sliding doors will come off the bottom, then just lift it off the rail.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:37 PM   #6
hossross

Do you remember how the inside stops (wood trim and 90 degree metal) is attached ?
Looks like that has to be removed so the slide can be removed out the hole in the wall of the coach to get to the floor repair
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote