Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
bbrown

Default jacks wont come up

need some help went to get rv ready for trip but the jacks won't come up. lights flash but that is all. any ideas on what to look for?
bbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
PJMichigan

Default Re: jacks wont come up

I had the same problem. It was a bad motor. I called the manufacturer and the were very helpful and I called on a Sun. You may want to try two things. First try to reset the controls. This is a step by step process of holding a couple of buttons on your panel. Your jack paperwork will walk you through it or the help line at the manufacturer will talk you through it. The other option is to reset the breaker which is located on the drivers side battery compartment on my 2010 Supernova. Hope this helps. Unfortunately for me, the motor was bad and nothing the manufacturer advised worked to get the jacks up. I had to cut the lines and bleed the fluid to manually retract them. It was a nightmare. Good luck.
PJMichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #3
bbrown

thought the jacks ran off of batteries for the engine. does anybody know? batteries for coach was dead. have the charger on now but so far nothing.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #4
Walldo

You need to have the coach engine running for the jacks to have enough voltage, if you push all 4 buttons at the same time and hold until the lights stop blinking, you will hear a beep when complete. This will get them out of Error mode. Then they should retract, if not something else is wrong and needs to be looked into further. Good luck
Old 05-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
Georunner

Waldo has it right, need 14 volts and a reset. One other thing you COULD try is to carefully put the tranny in gear and release the parking brake. Be sure to hold the brake pedal down firmly. The is an emergency retract for the jacks should a person try to drive off with them down.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
bbrown

cleaned all cables on batteries and charged. got papers off web and got the jacks all up. manual , auto and front and left lights still flashing. have not been able to get them to reset . power gear phone line has been busy since sunday afternoon when i started calling (wonder if they got hit by a tornado) thats all I've got so far . thanks to everybody
Old 05-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
Texas TC

When that occurred on my Nova, I needed to have the electronics control board replaced.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote