Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-21-2020, 02:18 PM   #1
Bstewrt

Default Noisy water pump

I have a 20/20 vintage cruiser FBS. I have a noisy water pump that sounds like it's coming from under my shower but every video I've seen says you should probably insulate the water piping around the pump. my question is is that the proper way to go or is it actually the noise by the shower, if anybody knows please let me know thank you
Bstewrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 03:50 PM   #2
Flower

I don't know where your water pump is located but usually the vibration of the pump and the hoses leading to and from the pump is the cause of the noise. Perhaps your pump is located near the shower and a hose from the pump is vibrating making the noise. I used foam that wrap around pipe for insulation and placed on all the hoses that lead to and from pipe that helps with the noise from the pump vibration. It too helps to place foam under the pump between pump and floor.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:51 AM   #3
Gregory

I know my noise is coming from the vibrations on the floor
Trying to think of something that will absorb the sound besides the piece of carpet that is there now.☹️
Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:14 AM   #4
Bstewrt

The noise is coming from my shower area which would not be ez to get to. Then again last reply was that if I did insulate around the pump may take care of it. Can't believe this wasnt. caught at the factory. Been doing it from day one.
Old 06-26-2020, 04:42 PM   #5
UAHaerospace

I place mine in a silicone doggy dish, or something similar, since it allows the pump to not sit directly on the floor, which is what causing the noise - now, the problem is, I CAN'T hear it!
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:46 PM   #6
Bstewrt

I would love the problem of not hearing the pump. Thanks for the reply. I'm going to give it a try. Unfortunately with the vibration, it has started leaking when I use it.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:53 AM   #7
givemeaboost

Send a message via AIM to givemeaboost

Did you try tightening the screw together connections ? It may just be loose.

Ken...........
givemeaboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:59 AM   #8
Bstewrt

Dripping from the screw in. Still under warranty I let the dealer take care of it
Old 06-28-2020, 03:01 PM   #9
jbreitzm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstewrt View Post
I have a 20/20 vintage cruiser FBS. I have a noisy water pump that sounds like it's coming from under my shower but every video I've seen says you should probably insulate the water piping around the pump. my question is is that the proper way to go or is it actually the noise by the shower, if anybody knows please let me know thank you
My pump was screwed to the floor on a scrap of carpeting, and had little or no flex hose connecting it to the water lines. I installed flex hose on both inlet and outlet of the pump, and let the pump rest (not screwed down) on a piece of foam for sound isolation. This quieted it dramatically. Note that the flex hose is long and has service loops to help isolate.
jbreitzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:35 PM   #10
Bstewrt

Thanks for the info. That sounds like mine. Dealer who'll be handling a leaking pump. Maybe they will get rid of the vibration noise also.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:21 AM   #11
muleman

I have a vista cruiser and the water pump location is sort of behind the fridge next to shower. You have to raise cushion on booth chair in rear and go in besides the hot water tank to get to it.
muleman is offline   Reply With Quote