Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-07-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
Lakedweller

Default 2006 Sedona

I purchased a new 34' Sedona 5th wheel in Apr 2006.

I had problems from the start massive leeks in the water system, poor wiring to slide switches, slide hitting one of my rear speakers, broken hand crank on slide, torn flooring in bed/bath area. It took 4 trips to the dealer to get it all fixed. The floor took 6 weeks in the dead of summer to get it fixed. so many problems GS had to extend my warranty 3 months.

My new problem is that the kitchen window leaks and it is all because GS installed the window UPSIDE DOWN. I have no idea why this did not leak till late fall of last year. I had the window sealed and it still leaked. upon further investigation I found the weep slots for the window were on the top, not on the bottom of the window like they should be. I took it in to the people that sealed the window a month before and and told them that they put the window in upside down when they repaired the leak. They told me that they did not pull the window to seal it, they just pulled the rubber back and sealed the rubber.

The window has never been removed so the factory must have installed the window that way. I contacted GS and about repairing the damage that has resulted. The wood frame around the window between the paneling and the fiberglass siding has rotted, the counter top has swelled and warped and there was water below the sink in the cupboard, I thought was a leaking drain.

I sent GS an Email by their request with photos of the damage and asked them to fix my 5th wheel. They called and left a voice mail today stating that the warranty had expired and they will do nothing. Why ask me to send photos and explain the damage if they were going to deny my claim due to an expired warranty when they new that the warranty had expired in 2008?

I am burning and I will not let this stand. They advertise quality workmanship and I do not thing an upside down window is QUALITY....
Lakedweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
RayChez1

Sounds to me like you might need to talk to a lawyer for advise. Seems to me that because of the obvious defect of installing the window upside down that they would still be liable.
Not sure, but I think that is the action I would take.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #3
lockdoc

I have found Gulfstream to be fairly reasonable to get service work done with their authority. It stands to reason however that after 4 years of ownership AND having a dealer work on that particular window...that they would not authorize this work as warranty. How do they know that the window was installed incorrectly at factory? It worked for 4 years. It is possible that the dealership does not want to admit that they made a mistake as they wouldn't get paid to do it again!

I don't know what your answer is but do know that the one who comes out when a lawyer gets involved is usually THE LAWYER and not the other parties. Oh sure...they might meet somewhere halfways on the issue after buying the lawyer his new condo in the Bahamas!

Good luck in whatever you decide.
Powrachute Powered Parachute Rotax 912 100 HP
lockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
Lakedweller

Default Re: 2006 Sedona

All seem to like Gulfstream service except me that is. I think their service sucks, dealer service sucks and corporate service sucks. Neither will fess up for putting the window in upside down. It will be a cold day on hell before I buy another from GS. I repaired my 5th wheel myself in less time and better than any of those jerks could. I tore out all the counter tops and replaced with granite. The cupboards are the cheapest crap they could put in. I had to rebuild all and reinforce all, my 10 year old grandson could have built them better. Took the plastic crap faucets out and put quality in, stainless under mount sink replaced the plastic one. I had to replace all the crap trailer furniture with Lazyboy. The repairs are extensive and they should last....

All can stick up for GS but they are an inferior company.....
Lakedweller is offline   Reply With Quote