Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-08-2019, 05:52 PM   #1
roadwoman

Default TV reception

we bought a few months ago a 2006 Gulf stream Btouring 5291. Previous owner said everything good and like dummies we believed them. Been working on this MH ever since we bought it. New tires, new shocks, front and rear stablizers, steering damper, AC board went out and had to replace. Went camping and never could get a TV station to come in. Husband has been working on it forever and then bought a new TV and new antenna. Still nothing. Finally went into roof area where cable are running and found a mess with cable wires. Center pin in cables gone. Re-did cables and finally everything working now. Next project microwave combo oven turntable not turning even when it said table rotating. Then we would like a new backup camera system. The one in MH now not very good. Black and white monitor. This is worse than owning my home.
roadwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #2
bbaluski

So sorry someone sold you their problem. Sounds like they never did any maint. I hope you get to take some great trips after you get everything settled.
bbaluski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:21 AM   #3
jdeimerly

I have a 1992 Gulfstream Conquest purchased 8 years ago. It was owned by a mechanic, stored inside and is in great shape. My local dealer recommended a Winegard antenna for it but after installing it, I still seldom got a station when I traveled. When I dropped cable at home, I bought LAVA HD8008 antenna at www.antennadeals.com for my home. It worked great and pulled in every station within 75 miles. This spring, I bought the same antenna and made an adapter for my RV. It works great and pulls in every local station as I travel. It has a plug in booster that I think makes all the difference in reception and I would recommend it if you want to try another option. Best wishes, Jerry
jdeimerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:16 PM   #4
carlamoore923

Default backup camera

I bought a new camera on Amazon has to be a voyager camera if you want plug and play they had to buy a new color monitor got one that went on the rear view mirror but still had to purchase an adapter from another Tadi brothers It works great now I love it not the cheapest fix but everything works right now. I also get no reception on tv bought a little indoor antenna that works ok but want to check the cable and maybe replace the antenna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwoman View Post
we bought a few months ago a 2006 Gulf stream Btouring 5291. Previous owner said everything good and like dummies we believed them. Been working on this MH ever since we bought it. New tires, new shocks, front and rear stablizers, steering damper, AC board went out and had to replace. Went camping and never could get a TV station to come in. Husband has been working on it forever and then bought a new TV and new antenna. Still nothing. Finally went into roof area where cable are running and found a mess with cable wires. Center pin in cables gone. Re-did cables and finally everything working now. Next project microwave combo oven turntable not turning even when it said table rotating. Then we would like a new backup camera system. The one in MH now not very good. Black and white monitor. This is worse than owning my home.
carlamoore923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:16 AM   #5
roadwoman

Hi I saw you bought a new to you backup camera for Voyager. What did you get and was it easy to connect to your existing system. Thanks for your feedback
roadwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 07:50 PM   #6
carlamoore923

Default backup camera

The camera was easy the monitor was a little challenging had to pull a section of trim behind the drivers side and unplug the wiring for the old monitor which was in the visor then run the new wire through the headliner and connect with the Adapters i purchased from Tadi Brothers. If you want a dash mounted monitor you can get camera and monitor from Tadi brothers for then it should be plug and play they have a hard wired one and a wireless the wireless would be super easy but i have heard mixed reviews on those so i will stick with the hard wired. you could probably hook it up to a entertainment center in the dash as well just not sure if it would work as a rear view and back up and i like having the rear view all the time.
carlamoore923 is offline   Reply With Quote