Originally Posted by John500
In terms of replacing them, did the stabilizers themselves get replaced or just the linkage that replaced the motor? I'd do the same thing if it was easy enough.
What's happening here is, the motor is just fine but the gears will no longer handle the weight at a peak level. Once the trailer almost reaches hitch level, the gear box starts slipping.
If you would, let me know how easy/expensive the manual crank system was installed.
After that I would have to crank all the slides too. I found the crank access for the living room slide but I haven't seen the access point for the bedroom slide....
Campingworld replaced the whole assembly. Had to be welded. My motor basically exploded. It was very costly. I'm thinking $600+. I never thought about putting manuals on at that time. Probably should have. I think I damaged the stabilizers myself. I elevated the nose without putting the back stabilizers up..... Duh.... Only did that once
When I put the stabilizers down manually, I had to start off very slow because, as you said, you have to get the motor turning too. As far as cranking the slides, I have never had Success in doIng that. The RV I tried to manually move the slides had a fitting at the Motor nest to hydronic fluid. I didn't have any luck. Turned out to be the relay switches had popped. To be honest, I haven't even looked for the crank on the one I have now. Sorry I can't be of more help. Just experiment and check YouTube videos. They cover most everything now. You really can't break something that is already broken.