Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-12-2021, 10:45 AM   #1
Luv2Camp

Default BT 5245 questions

We don't have our BT Cruiser yet, but have a couple of questions.

Without drawers in the kitchen area, where did you end up putting things like silverware, other utensils, dish towels, etc??

Thanks!!
Luv2Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:57 AM   #2
lets go

We are in the same boat that you are in and figured we are going to have to get creative with pantry area or area under sink, maybe put some pull out racking in. This is just one of the 5245 issues, outside storage being another but plan to use the hitch and put container of some sort to hold camping goodies.
lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 01:56 PM   #3
Just Cruisin

Smile Lack of Kitchen Space

I have the same issues with my BT Cruiser. I place any bread or something that needs to be airtight in my Microwave. It actually helps keep them from going stale. All my silverware are stored in silverware organizers and kept in my oven. I don't ever use my oven so it's wasted space if I don't use it for storage. I just realized there is a lot of dead space behind the drawers in my dinette seats. I plan to add a piano hinge to the dinette seats and use that for my crockpot, etc. Hope that helps...
Just Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:22 PM   #4
Gglittle

I use big cans for silverware on countertop. Microwave for chips, etc. under dinette benches. I have cabinets and drawers in my kitchen.
Gglittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:29 PM   #5
Luv2Camp

We have always used the microwave to store bread! Must be an "old RVers" trick. We opted for the theater seating instead of the dinette, so we lost that potential storage.
In my mind we will have drawers built to fit in the big space under the sink. I'm sure the oven will get used too.
Thank you!!!