Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-07-2022, 03:47 PM   #1
LRainey

Default Replacing burned out tail light

I have a 2013 Gulfstream Visa 19RGU. No tail lights on passenger side. How do I replace the bulbs?
LRainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 01:53 PM   #2
DonnaB

I have a 2017 Vintage Cruiser. I had a similar problem with a tail light. Mine has LEDs, not replaceable bulbs. Finally figured out the problem was the connection to my pickup truck. The cord plug end had a bent piece so that tail light was not getting power. I have a great mobile tech here in Phoenix that quickly figured it out.
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 10:04 AM   #3
elmerfud

Default Bulb Issues

I have a 2012 RGU. My outside lights are all LED's. They supposedly last forever. It would be quite unusual for many of them to go out simultaneously. One cause of multiple lights failing would be a voltage spike. LEDs cannot tolerate over voltage. I would trace for power starting with the hitch. You can cut away the caulk around the light and and remove it to access the wire nuts behind the lights. All of the right side lights are supplied by the same circuit. So, start with the most forward light assembly. If you have power, then you need to replace the entire unit. The light assembly used on mine are discontinued. You will need to locate replacements with the same mounting hole spacing. Remember to remove all of the residual caulk and re-caulk around the light assembly.
Good Luck!
elmerfud is offline   Reply With Quote