Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-12-2022, 10:38 PM   #1
Sprinterguy

Default Problem with hydraulic jacks for 2020 BTOURING Cruiser

When I attempted to retract my jacks all of the fluid in the reservoir leaked all over my driveway. It's a 2020 28ft BTOURING Cruiser.

We live in the Tri-Cities area of northeast Tennessee. Looking for a mobile service I can trust to fix it. Any ideas?
Sprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 06:35 PM   #2
RY469

If you filled the reservoir with the jacks down, you caused it. Only fill the reservoir when the jacks are up, otherwise you will overfill and pee all over the driveway when you retract.
Is this a possibility?
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 10:02 PM   #3
Sprinterguy

no, never filled reservoir. From day one of ownership when new after sitting for more than a few days you would always need to retract jacks just a slight amount even if you did not use jacks. The alarm would always go off when starting engine. The retracting seemed to be only a half inch or so then stop. Never saw any fluid leaks anywhere. Was doing this when everything dumped in the driveway.
Sprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 05:14 AM   #4
RY469

There are (electrical) solenoid controlled valves on the hydraulic control block attached to your pump. Sounds like you have a leak on the block, probably one of the valves. Would cause the bleed, letting jacks relax (requiring retraction before driving) and could be source of your leak. Unless you are really handy, might be time to visit the RV repair shop.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote