Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-31-2021, 06:35 AM   #1
NoZipCode

Question 2008 Gulf Stream Conquest Super Nova 6372

Good Morning, We just brought home a 2008 GS Conquest Class C and would like to replace/reupholster the dinette bench seats. The seats contain springs that are worn out, which I am not accustomed to. Been searching for replacements on the internet without much success. Has anyone ever done this before? If so, where did you buy them from. Thank you in advance.
NoZipCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 02:01 PM   #2
FreedMeister

Default Upholstery issues

We have a 2007 supernova. Had the same issue with the dinette and the pullout love seat. We replaced the loveseat and took the dinette cushions out of the unit and to a local upholstery shop. They did not replace the springs, but added twine ties to them. With all new, stiffer foam it's fine. We reused the the original covers as we weren't ready to redecorate the interior. Any good upholstery shop can help you with this job. Enjoy!
FreedMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:57 PM   #3
jerryg401

I had a BT Cruiser with the same problem seats you have. I ordered heavy duty foam material and used the old foam as a template to cut the new foam to size. I stuffed the cushion covers with the new foam and I took out the worn out springs and replaced them with slats I made out of left over hardwood flooring material. Wow, what a difference. Nice, firm, comfortable seats that are 6" higher than the originals and the whole job cost less than 100 bucks.
jerryg401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 02:04 AM   #4
Mike46123

We just brought home the exact same model and year. We noticed the dinette cushions feel "weak" as well. I was thinking more along what jerryg401 did vs returning them to their normal as-built condition. It's very natural to place a knee on to the cushion in order to open or close the window, i feel the solid wood bottom will hold up better to that type wear and tear. Will keep ya updated.
Mike46123 is offline   Reply With Quote