Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-08-2024, 12:14 PM   #1
proost

Default Tour Master satellite coax drops?

Hey y'all, there are two coax connections for the satellite antenna up on the roof. One comes down into the front center cabinet for the TV hookup and the connection to the bedroom via the 12V RCA cable distribution box there. But where does the other cable go?

I thought the 2nd drop would naturally be the bedroom but when I moved my Dish box back there (I replaced the old KVH dish), it can't find the antenna.

Not a big issue but curious if anyone has traced that out. I believe I can ultimately drop in a 2-to-1 splitter up front I believe.
proost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 12:54 PM   #2
Chuck v

Phil,

The diagram I have shows only a single coax connection from the rooftop dish to the satellite box. See the attached diagram dated 2006. Maybe later coaches have additional/other connections, but I am unaware of them.

Are you sure the other coax is not the off-air antenna connection??

Chuck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AV System Drawings from Gulf Stream.pdf (208.6 KB, 16 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 01:29 PM   #3
proost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
Phil,

The diagram I have shows only a single coax connection from the rooftop dish to the satellite box. See the attached diagram dated 2006. Maybe later coaches have additional/other connections, but I am unaware of them.

Are you sure the other coax is not the off-air antenna connection??

Chuck
Hi Chuck,

I was going to create a post that said, "HEY CHUCK...." but thought better of it. haha. Thanks for diagram. Did you get all of the drawings from GS (Millie)? She has helped me a lot but these are great.

Yep, this schematic works for my system as well. Edit: I found the bottom left connector between the shore cable and antenna and replaced my shore cable coax with the sat coax since I never use a shore side connection. Still can't get it to make the connection with my Dish receiver.

I'm only seeing one cable as well in the coach so really interested where that other coax runs now.

Phil
Old 03-08-2024, 02:42 PM   #4
Chuck v

Phil,

I had been collecting all the wiring diagrams I ever encountered when I still had my coach...not sure where this one came, from but I have never gotten any documentation directly from Millie or anyone else at GS.

Did you take the shore antenna coax connector from the back driver-side bay directly into the dish receiver, or kept it connected to the antenna switch shown in the diagram? That switch has a small low gain amplifier, but it will not pass the much higher RF frequencies used by the LNB on the dish compared to off-air TV signals.

Chuck

Old 03-08-2024, 05:01 PM   #5
proost

Chuck,

I unplugged it from the back of the switch/amp. Didn't work. Then, I connected the Sat coax directly to the Bedroom coax and that still didn't work. So, I gave up and just replugged it up front where it used to reside.

I know the BR coax is good because I use that to pull in the OOA signals from my antenna. I even did a continuity test with a Sperry wire finder I had and it worked. I'll keep playing with it. Thanks again for the schematic. Really appreciated and have added it to my others.

Phil
Old 03-08-2024, 06:47 PM   #6
Chuck v

Phil,

OK, thanks for the added information. It likely is that the bedroom coax is functional for television, but not for satellite. The coax in the coach running to the rear bedroom location may only be old style RG-59 "TV cable" and not able to carry the higher frequencies needed for satellite either... You need RG-6/U for that service which IS CAPABLE of carrying the 1.9 GHz signal needed for satellite use...

Chuck