Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-08-2015, 06:04 PM   #1
cmor

Default 2006 Gulf Stream/Crescendo 8356

Hello All.
New to the site...I'm considering this model and would really appreciate any feedback anyone has to offer. RV has 42K miles and a 350Hp Cat. It's been stored indoors. Thanks in advance.
Cliff
cmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:23 AM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: 2006 Gulf Stream/Crescendo 8356

The Crescendo was the entry level for the diesel pushers from Gulf Stream. It was manufactured as a pusher and as a (Fred) front engine diesel. It probably has a Freight liner chassis with the C-7 engine and the six speed allison transmission which is a solid combination. I would definitely check the tires to see if they are not the original tires. Tires on motor homes should be changed every five years. Check the refrigerator which probably is a Norcold 1200 LRIM. They have had some problems with those refrigerators, but I have one and I can not complain. It has served me will since 2003. Take it out for a test drive and see how it feels, check maintenance records to see if it had its oil changes regularly and filters changed out at least once a year.

But like any motorhome it is hard to say if it is a good deal or a bad deal. It does not matter what brand, you can get a bad coach. I have had real good luck with my Gulf Stream coach, but I can not guarantee others have had the same luck.

Good luck and stay in touch.

RayChez
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:46 PM   #3
Frutza

Depends on the options, the 2000 watt inverter is an option along with the rear ac and heat, all nice to have, gotta have rear ac, the trim is a little substandard, looks nice but composite with wood grain cover, don't know if that's for cost or weight, the 350 cat pulls nice, I pass my friend with a Cummings 300 all the time , makes him mad, see what hitch it has, what will you tow? I only have a 6000# hitch, has the rear radiator been cleaned, has the slobber tube been extended, Cat engines need good oil and filters and I change mine before its due, all and all I love it, I wanted a shorter unit, the wife wants a newer unit, I want to stay away from the new emissions controls, so I'm not paying twice as much for the Name, I really wanted the mid door, from my trailer days I wanted the add a room, Gulfstream motorized is out of business, but your out of warranty anyway, local shops do my work, If you like it and you like the price, get it, oh, how about full body paint, I think that's what I really miss, or wish I had
Old 06-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #4
Frutza

Sorry for my ramble, The rear radiator is a problem for any coach that the radiator in the rear, not just the Gulfstream, sorry for any confusion, but another problem area, and I don't think its just Gulfstream, they don't make the slide, is ,look at the rear slide out, on the bottom of the outside, the way the slide sits on the rollers cuts the covering and not treated rots the wood, its easily repairable if you get it in time.
Good luck