Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-23-2021, 11:37 AM   #1
carl527

Default Greetings from Alabama

My wife and I are new to the camping world. We have several friends that will be helping us on our learning experiences. We purchased a 2008 21MBLE Amerlite that appears to be in great shape. Tows great with a Grand Cherokee. I'm looking for a model specific manual but not having any luck. I have the generic Gulfstream manual from the GS site. I know I need to find specifics like the location of water pump and heater, etc. that most of the "vintage" campers know already. I'm looking forward to participating in the forums and getting to the camp site.

Carl
carl527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:34 PM   #2
BPeschka

I think you'll be well served by poking around and seeing what you find in compartments and behind panels. You can probably find the water pump by turning on some water and listening to the pump run.

2004 BT Cruiser 5210
Class C
BPeschka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:25 PM   #3
Genie1953

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl527 View Post
My wife and I are new to the camping world. We have several friends that will be helping us on our learning experiences. We purchased a 2008 21MBLE Amerlite that appears to be in great shape. Tows great with a Grand Cherokee. I'm looking for a model specific manual but not having any luck. I have the generic Gulfstream manual from the GS site. I know I need to find specifics like the location of water pump and heater, etc. that most of the "vintage" campers know already. I'm looking forward to participating in the forums and getting to the camp site.

Carl
We have that same camper and were never able to find anything more specific that what I found in the manual I found online and as you say....it was very generic. I will say this....we finally did a search for the model numbers on the refrigerator, microwave, toilet, hot water heater, stove top, water pump, furnace, and AC. Then I went online and did a search for manuals for all of them. I was very surprised to find manuals for all of them. I have the manuals saved and have printed them all out to put in a binder which will go with us in the camper. Let me know if you have any problem finding manuals for anything.
Genie1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:14 PM   #4
Akerkhoff

On a 1998 Gulf Stream sunsport where is the switch to go from generator to 110
Akerkhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 10:09 AM   #5
Chuck v

I'm not sure about your specific model, but almost all RVs with a built in generator have automatic transfer switches that allow power to come from the generator when it is running, and from the shore power connection when it is not.

If you also have a 120 volt INVERTER then it also has a transfer switch of its own downstream of the main transfer switch to deal with those few loads that run off the inverter, such as a residential refrigerator, etc.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21mble