Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-08-2022, 10:20 AM   #1
washetas

Default power gear Dewald manual leveling system

Good Morning all my motor home friends!!!
I have a power gear manual leveling system.I turn on power on control panel.Use my control buttons to drop jacks.Nothing happens.No pump running or any sound whatsoever.I go back to :retract jacks: control and push up.Pump runs but obviously wont do anything as jacks are fully retracted allready.I have checked all my fuses in box on drivers side of my Gulfstream Friendship and also pulled Power Gear control panel and checked in line fuse and this fuse is intact.Am I missing a fuse somewhere ? Could really use some help and hoping someone has had this problem who might enlighten me so as to remedy.As always,thanks for being here for answers(if there are any).Peace to all and happy travels
washetas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 06:18 PM   #2
Chuck v

Here are some publications with trouble shooting lists, etc...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 02:43 PM   #3
washetas

Default Thanks Chuck

Thanks for the quick response Chuck.These will be helpful.Peace
Old 04-17-2022, 10:24 AM   #4
db77

Default Jacks

On my 2006 Sunvoyager I had the same problem. I had to manually pump them up before I found the problem. I had a blown 5 amp fuse under the drivers side that was for the Jacks alarm. Once I changed it they worked fine. It wasn’t where the fuse box stated it would be so I just started pulling fuses till I found it. It puzzles me how they build these things.
db77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 05:19 PM   #5
washetas

Thanks DB77!!
Wish it was that simple.My control panel is fried and they dont make the anymore.Really sucks.Not going to spend 5000.00 on a new system.Gonna have to come up with something manual,pneumatic maybe.Thanks for the response.Peace
Old 04-18-2022, 12:05 AM   #6
Mike1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by washetas View Post
I have a power gear manual leveling system.I turn on power on control panel.Use my control buttons to drop jacks.Nothing happens.No pump running or any sound whatsoever.I go back to :retract jacks: control and push up.Pump runs but obviously wont do anything as jacks are fully retracted allready.I have checked all my fuses in box on drivers side of my Gulfstream Friendship and also pulled Power Gear control panel and checked in line fuse and this fuse is intact.Am I missing a fuse somewhere ? Could really use some help and hoping someone has had this problem who might enlighten me so as to remedy.As always,thanks for being here for answers(if there are any).Peace to all and happy travels
Hello,
More information needed;
What year,
brand of coach,
what brand of hydraulic Jack system does the coach have…

The more information the better response you’ll get.

Mike Root
Tulalip Washington
35 miles northwest of
Seattle
Mike1931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 11:14 AM   #7
washetas

Hi Mike,
The unit is a 2004 Gulfstream Friendship G7.The control for the leveling system is a Dewald Manual system put out by POWER GEAR.The touch pad for the system is a Dewald part #DN12558.This system has become obsolete so I am currently looking for someone to repair control pad if possible.Hoping for a good solve.Just need someone willing to take a shot at the control board.Thanks for your reply.
Old 04-19-2022, 01:38 PM   #8
Mike1931

Quote:
Please contact Donald Gryder, he doesn’t have the Dewalt jack system. That said he helped me build a home made control panel. It’s works great. This site won’t let me post a picture. His email is below.
[email protected]
Don is a great guy. And very trustworthy.
Good luck!!
Mike Root
Tulalip Washington
35 miles northwest of
Seattle
Old 04-26-2022, 05:24 PM   #9
washetas

Thanks Mike.
Giving it a go at a circuit board repair.I really appreciate your feedback and if this guy doesnt come through I am going to contact your buddy.Peace to you thank you so much for the feed back pal!!
Old 04-26-2022, 08:43 PM   #10
Mike1931

Quote:
Thanks Mike.
Giving it a go at a circuit board repair.I really appreciate your feedback and if this guy doesnt come through I am going to contact your buddy.Peace to you thank you so much for the feed back pal!!
Don contacted me today asking about you. Below is what he said;

Good to hear from you and glad you are doing OK.

I guess the guy with the jack problem got it cured or just forgot about it because I never heard a word from him.
Old 05-23-2022, 01:27 PM   #11
ricklin

There is or was a guy in the Midwest that can repair the control board for the Dewald manual hydraulic jack system.

I had them repair mine and it's been great for years. I'll have a look and see if I can find the receipt in my records.

It's a very simple system.
ricklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 11:26 AM   #12
washetas

Default dewald manual control panel

Thank you Ricklin!!
Sounds very hopeful! If you could possibly find company to contact ,we would be ever so appreciative.My phone is 608 790 1179.Call anytime and if Im not able to answer you( I drive a school bus).I will for sure return your call or just via this amazing forum.Thank you again and Peace
Old 05-24-2022, 02:43 PM   #13
ricklin

I won't be getting back to the coach for a week or so but will look when I am there.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:50 PM   #14
washetas

Hi Buddy!
Found a place in Ohio.Called M&M repair.They speicialize in most obsolete rv systems.Might be the same guy you used.Hoping it comes back working.A fella named chris seemed very positive they would repair as they have done many.Thank you for all your help.Their number is 419 965 2662 or419 965 3014.Thanks again.Peace
Old 06-09-2022, 11:01 AM   #15
ricklin

Sorry my week got extended

Yes that sounds like the same outfit I used. Good on ya, it's really hard to find companies that can fix old circuit boards.
Due to component obsolescence repair can range from easy to impossible. Fortunately it is a simple single layer circuit board with very common components.