Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-09-2009, 10:54 PM   #1
themuellers

Default Winegard satellite question

Hello all. long time since being on here but that means we have been travelling.

I have a question in regard to the winegard satellite system and that is when i purchased the system, i was happy to have the in motion satellite using one box up front and then using "pyramids" to change the channels.

I am looking to see if anyone knows about the "second" line that can be used for a second satellite box. I am reading the main line will work with in motion but the 2nd box will not, which is fine, i am just unsure without going to the place that installed it on where this 2nd cable is so i can hook it up

Let me know

thank you,

Will
Old 07-09-2009, 05:41 AM   #2
David Bott

Hi...

Few things to know.

1) Your second sat receiver line is by the TV in the rear. (Not sure you knew that. Or should I say, it should be. We have a KVH and that is were it is.)

2) The main receiver is the MASTER, it controls the dish movement. The master is the receiver that is hooked to the the MAIN port on the dome.

3) The master is what will control what sat the dish is looking at.

4) The dish is a dual port dish but it only has one LNB. As such, you can only look at one Sat at a time. The second receiver can only see the channels from the sat the dish is pointing at as told to by the master.

So, with that said, unless you really watch two differnt shows at one time on the same sat, stick with how you are doing it. You will also save $5 a month for the extra box charge. ($5 is what Dish Network charges per extra box which you also need to purchase somewhere.) Other wise, you will get frustrated when you go to change a channel and realize you need to go have the other box move the dish.
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote