Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-25-2021, 11:16 PM   #1
rleibold

Cool Beeping after camping

I have a new Vintage 19 ERD and we took it camping one time. We got home and parked it and a day or two later there was a beeping that seemed to be coming from the co2 detector. That happened after we first brought it home also. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or how to stop the beeping from happening every time we store it?
rleibold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 05:44 AM   #2
Gregory

Check battery voltage of camper.
It could be low.
Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 12:23 PM   #3
BryanL21

You are likely doing nothing wrong. It is likely a defective detector. Though mine has never beeped I have seen people report similar issues on other forums. Consult your dealer for a replacement detector through your warranty.

Note those that these detector also detect propane gas leaks, I think. Make sure your gas tanks are closed and see if it stops. Either way, a dealer consult is needed.
BryanL21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 03:25 PM   #4
jamesham

Detectors have a date stamp on the back of them. Most likely it has reached end of life and is beeping so you replace it. You can pull the fuse to stop the beeping until you get a new one.

Amazon has lots of choices at great prices. It is a simple two wire hookup of 12 volts. Another option is a combo unit from Menards that detects multiple hazards, but most run on 115 volts AC with a 9 volt battery backup that would drain quickly in long term storage.

[QUOTE=rleibold;33162]I have a new Vintage 19 ERD and we took it camping one time. We got home and parked it and a day or two later there
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:09 AM   #5
Tim 6316

Default Seconding the Voltage Idea

I've had same issue after leaving the house battery switch ON after returning from trip. Eventually voltage falls and causes the beeping.

The fix is running the genny and recharging the battery, AND turning off the house battery switch.
Tim 6316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:42 AM   #6
Gingersdad

Default Time for a new detector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleibold View Post
I have a new Vintage 19 ERD and we took it camping one time. We got home and parked it and a day or two later there was a beeping that seemed to be coming from the co2 detector. That happened after we first brought it home also. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or how to stop the beeping from happening every time we store it?
Mine started alarming for LP detection. I turned all gas off and it still alarmed. I purchased a new CO2/ LP detector off amazon and no problems since installing it. They are supposed to be replaced every 5 years. The new one I got says it will start alarming when it's time for a new one. I could do without that feature
Gingersdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 08:30 PM   #7
deplorablemike

Check the refrigerator.It could be warning you it lost its power source.
deplorablemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 08:26 PM   #8
jamesham

We have seen new RVs with a detector that was installed beyond the service life on the sticker on the back of the device. You can either pull the small 10 amp fuse out of the converter box that feeds it, or spend 50 bucks with Amazon and replace it. They make detectors for LP Gas, and Carbon Monoxide, or both.

For storage, it is a good idea to have a battery disconnect switch so things like detectors, clocks, entertainment centers do not discharge the battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleibold View Post
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 10:46 PM   #9
deplorablemike

I was referring to what it could be.After returning from a trip and if I turn off the gas and not the on/off of refer after it runs out of gas it beeps I guess to tell me the refer has no electric or gas and it is defrosting.Soon as I turn off it's switch it stops.Just my guess of the reason.It's not my CO alarm.
deplorablemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:56 PM   #10
FL_Matt

It's the house battery. If you leave the main on, like I usually do, it starts beeping when the battery reaches a certain level. The smoke detector in your house does the same thing. I don't have a multimeter to check, but it just did it to me Sat. When I hit the battery gauge on the panel, it read 1/3, and the trailer has been parked for about 3 weeks. I plugged in the shore power to charge it back up and it immediately stopped. I have a solar panel I am getting ready to install to keep the house battery topped off, just haven't done it yet.
FL_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beeping, co2, vintage