Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-08-2021, 10:17 AM   #1
Rellim

Default 2006 Sun Voyager 8379 engine battery size

I purchased this coach in July from a car dealer (no warranty). As soon as I got it home it died in my driveway. The engine battery was completely dry! We took the battery to the parts store to get a replacement but they did not have the exact same size. We were desperate to put one in since it was dead and blocking the driveway so he sold us the next size smaller (700 cold cranking amps). Ever since then we have had trouble - it keeps going dead when we turn off the motor to fill up for gas and will die just sitting there after a weekend trip. I would like to put the original size battery back into the coach to see if this corrects the problem but cannot remember what that was. Can anyone tell me what size engine battery you have in your coach? Thank you!

2006 Sun Voyager 8379
Rellim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 09:28 AM   #2
Stevejo

I don’t think it is a battery problem. If it’s dead after running the engine than you have a problem with your charging system.
Stevejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 09:42 AM   #3
racerpro

Agree on charging system issue. Put a meter on the battery when running. Should show a minimum of 13.9 vdc to 14.5 vdc if charging correctly. I suspect alternator issue.
racerpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery replacement