Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-18-2019, 05:55 PM   #1
aprild

Default Need advice regarding the sewer connector/sewer line

Hello,

I just purchased one of these. Apparently someone in the past tried to hard sewer the line or something as there is some white pipe glued over the end of the black pipe outside underneath the water sewer connector sticker. There is several inches of white pipe extending out over the end of the black pipe. I'm not sure what to do here to get this back to a condition as to where I can put a sewer hose on this. Any thoughts regarding maybe cutting the white pipe shorter and putting on some kind of adapter or extra pieces and just building it out some? Thanks.
aprild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:22 PM   #2
UAHaerospace

what are 'one of these'? are you missing a picture of something you meant to post?
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:29 PM   #3
aprild

Sorry no pictures I don't use a smartphone. But I posted here as I figured over Fema trailer owners would know what I was talking about as I hoped all of our sewer lines would be the same.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:42 PM   #4
UAHaerospace

oh, no problem...though many of us come into these posts simply by the 'headline' on the right column, with no regard to 'what' type of RV you are referring to. You said you purchased 'one of these', so I assumed you were alluding to a part or product to help with your sewer line ... without a picture, though, there's no way anyone, even 'fema' owners, will know what you are referring to, as every 'fema' trailer can be different, since most were used in some capacity - sewer connections, when for a more 'permanent' living situation might have used a more 'home type' plumbing connection, rather than the normal 'RV' sewer slinky hose - makes sense.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:44 PM   #5
UAHaerospace

Does the 'fema' trailer actually have holding tanks? or was it only built to be connected to a permanent sewer connection, like a home or mobile home?
Old 05-18-2019, 07:03 PM   #6
aprild

It was simply that someone put a white pipe at the end of the waste pipe with glue and because of that I can't put a sewer hose on, and I just wondered what options I had there. But I see what you're saying and I'm new to the site and not sure if there is anyway to delete this post as I don't have pics. Admin I understand if you need to delete this. Thanks!
Old 05-19-2019, 07:05 AM   #7
Frutza

Doesn't sound like you have a holding tank, probably why there's sewer pipe glued on. What kind of hook up will you have at your final destination? Sewer pipe is pretty easy, cut it and glue a new on. This is what most Rv's with tanks use
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T18-...ateway&sr=8-11
Old 05-28-2019, 06:54 AM   #8
althotos

Yes. You can put an adapter on the end of the white pipe. My old RV, when I was in one trailer park, the maintenance guy filed off the nubs to make a semi-permanent sewer connection. When I moved to different RV park, I had to concoct a solution using PVC pipe from Home Depot and an adapter from the RV parts store. I was able to use the sewer hose connection after my modifications.
1999 Bounder 30E (traded 2018 on GF)
1997 Hornet 25 TT (sold 2003)
althotos is offline   Reply With Quote