Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-20-2022, 11:52 AM   #1
donopp

Default 07 Tourmaster VIN Location

Can someone help me locate the VIN on my 2007 Gulf Stream Tourmaster?

Thank you much.
donopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:13 PM   #2
Bike Dr

There should be a sticker by the drivers seat on the wall or on the back wall inside one of the cabinets. I have a different model but had one in both locations with the gvrw and tire sizes and pressure along with the vin#. You should also find info on all the paint colors and a list of the brands of items in the coach fridge, stove, micro ect...
Bike Dr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:34 PM   #3
Larry l

On the frame of motorhome front driver side about 5 foot back it's clearly marked. Best of luck.thanks Larry
Larry l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:29 PM   #4
Bike Dr

I dont think on the tourmaster model you can see the frame In that Location easily..that's about where the front wheel is, and the lp tank is the compartment behind the wheel as mine is, however there are a few variations in models so I am curious when it is located to hear the results as there seems to be no consistency when they are built they are and were constantly changing..
Old 04-21-2022, 10:55 AM   #5
donopp

Bike Dr is right Larry. My model is like his, front wheel and lp tank. No label in site, but thanks.
Old 04-21-2022, 10:57 AM   #6
donopp

Thanks for the info Bike Dr, but no cigar. The hunt continues...
Old 04-21-2022, 04:34 PM   #7
Bike Dr

My coach is a mid entry..and i believe yours is a front entry. that sucker should be somewhere around that door or in a cabinet or around the drivers location. I have fooled with quite a few coaches and thats where they all were! Is it possible that the coach was refinished and someone removed the placards? I removed some stickers on mine because I do not like stickers but would never remove important info like that. Now I am very curious as to where your info is located!! Maybe in the gen compartment in the front but DOT requires that info to be accessible in visible areas technically..
Old 04-26-2022, 08:21 AM   #8
donopp

Everything you stated makes sense. I have even looked behind the sofa sleepers, nada. I'm the only owner of this rig, so no placard removal. If I ever locate it, I will let you know.

Thanks for your help,

don
Old 04-26-2022, 02:02 PM   #9
Chuck v

Here are some other generic suggestions:
Motorhomes – from the outside, look through the driver’s side windshield or search around the driver’s area of the cockpit.
If a quick search in these places doesn’t turn up your VIN, keep up the search using the lists below.
Keep in mind the VIN may be on a vinyl or paper sticker, on a metal plate welded somewhere onto your RV or it could be stamped right into your metal frame.

Motorhome VIN Locations:

• Through the windshield on the driver’s side (like on an automobile)
  • On or inside the driver’s door or passenger’s door
  • Inside an interior cabinet where other information is listed such as RV’s unloaded weight, carrying capacity and equipment information
  • In an outside storage compartment – check the door and the walls of the compartment
  • Inside the engine compartment – on the engine itself or on the engine compartment wall
  • On the steering column
  • Under driver’s window on the inside wall
  • To the left side of the instrument panel
  • Under driver’s window near driver’s knee
Heads Up – Motorhomes Have Two VIN’s

Motorhomes have two VIN’s. One VIN is for the completed motorhome and one is for the chassis (the framework the motorhome is built on).
Motorhome manufacturers such as Thor, Tiffin, Fleetwood and Newmar build their motorhomes on top of a chassis and engine combination.
Motorhome manufacturers buy their chassis from outside companies such as Freightliner, Spartan or Mercedez-Benz.

I vaguely remember that the chassis ID was found inside the engine compartment by opening the rear access door -- needed it when registering the coach in a different state than its original title. As I no longer own this coach, I can't go out a nd check it for you, sorry.

Your title should show the VIN number as well --are you trying to match it up to the title or need it for some other reason?

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 09:23 AM   #10
KPMullen

Default 2007 tm t40c

Mine is on a sticker (decal) to the left of the drivers seat, above the sliding window. You’ll miss it if the blind is down even a couple of inches.
KPMullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 01:26 PM   #11
proost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike Dr View Post
There should be a sticker by the drivers seat on the wall or on the back wall inside one of the cabinets. I have a different model but had one in both locations with the gvrw and tire sizes and pressure along with the vin#. You should also find info on all the paint colors and a list of the brands of items in the coach fridge, stove, micro ect...
Under the pull down shade above the driver's window! Ha! Took me forever to find it!
proost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 02:08 PM   #12
Bike Dr

That's to funny!! I knew it had to be around the drivers location!! Happy camping!!
Old 06-20-2022, 11:01 AM   #13
donopp

Default Found It!

Sure enough it was behind the shade for the drivers window. And I thought I looked everywhere. Thanks guys.

Tags
tourmaster, vin location