Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-22-2020, 03:28 PM   #21
Enduramax

Thank you for sharing these! Now I just need to find schematics on the roll up door and rear flood lights on my 2006 Enduramax.
Enduramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:23 AM   #22
2yanksinsc

Thanks for posting these. I inherited a BT Cruiser so trying to familiarize myself with the system and chase a battery drain / charging problem. We've used on several road trips in the past and it was great but now that we own it I'd like to do a few upgrades.
2yanksinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 01:04 AM   #23
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Most any RV if stored without shoreline power, turn OFF the battery SWITCH; ghost drains include LP/CO Alarm, and (some) LP tank shutoff SOLENOID. One owner even said he traced a leak to his charger itself? Cold weather killed my 10yo WM chassis battery last week Amazed at the 10yo
Old 02-21-2021, 03:47 PM   #24
Track29

Hey 95GulFship102,

I'm very pleased to see your post as I also have a '95 Friendship. I have many questions because I'm starting a total rehab on mine. I now have a long-term lease on a 50' x 52' warehouse space with a garage door big enough to pull into and that has been my hold up for several years. I have several sources to pass along to you if you would like. My transmission shifter keypad was worn out so badly that I started using the eraser end of a pencil to make contact enough to shift. The RV dealer wanted to sell me a $2,800 replacement module as a fix. I located an electronics repair shop in Texas who told me that the keypad is just a plug & play item and he had several pads at $50 each. When I questioned the operational quality of the controller itself, he just told me to send the module to him and he would give it a full bench service for $50 to make sure it was fully functional. That being said, the RV dealer fix estimate of $2,800 cost me $100 plus freight, about $128 total !! He told me he gets modules and keypads from RV dealers for nearly nothing every time they sell a $2,800 fix ?!?
I also have a full owner's manual for our model. My other great find was a Haldex L31103 Pure Air Plus Air Dryer replacement for $240 from a wholesale truck parts distributor. Again, a $960 RV dealer fix. It took about 30 minutes to replace. I still have some electrical challenges ahead because my batteries aren't charging while connected to a landline. I'll be upgrading all the lighting to LED and tricking out all the sound and AV gear, all that's a no-brainer for me since I was involved in the music biz for more than 40 years before becoming a General Contractor. Hence, I'll be doing almost all of the work in my shop.
When people tell me I'm wasting my time on such an older model, I tell them it's just another remodel as far as I'm concerned, on a project with good bones. Well maintained, the family-owned model with low mileage, and very little abuse !! Besides that, I'm 69 and want to putter on a project that makes me happy .....
Again, glad I saw this post, and if want any of my sources, let me know.

Happy RVing,
David
Track29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:30 AM   #25
Don4802

Thanks for the files. These will help a lot.
Don4802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:12 PM   #26
alwongstedt

Hello Track 29. Do you have any wiring diagrams or electrical information for a 2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme. I recently purchased this unit and have no electrical schematics and haven't had any luck locating any. Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond to this request. Al.
alwongstedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:16 AM   #27
alwongstedt

THANK YOU, SO MUCH! You have saved my day and probably saved the day for countless others with GS Coaches! Gulf stream appears to be very secretive with their wiring schematics.
alwongstedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 12:50 PM   #28
Bobc

Default Thank you

Thank You ,Thank You and did i say Thank YOu
Bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 01:55 PM   #29
Ron Hackett

Thanks so much that will help a lot of people.
Ron Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 03:47 PM   #30
95GulfFShip102

HI David,

I hope you're project is going well. I hadn't seen this page of posts until just today. I've redone my flooring and replaced the couch and the chair/mag stand with a smaller loveseat. I totally agree with you; this coach is on very solid bones. Thanks for the info!

Cheers,
Keith
95GulfFShip102 is offline   Reply With Quote