Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-14-2007, 05:20 AM   #1
earljan34

Default Snow

How did everyone make out in yesterdays snow storm?

We got 12" here in Pawtucket but reports of 11" to 13" have been reported! This storm cought the DOT with there pants down we had a grid lock on 95 for hours! A 1/2 hour ride took at least 6-8 hrs people running out of gas and just leaving there cars on 95 and on off ramps, Also as of 8 pm there were some 40 school buses still trying to get kids home!

Hope no one had any damage.

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:58 AM   #2
Retird2Golf

Send a message via MSN to Retird2Golf

Hello friend, sounds like you had better head South.Been mixed here in VA, but NOO SNOW! :P 57 yesterday 'bout the same today.
Rain tommorow 50% chance.

Sure be glad to see Dec. 28th so we can head SOUTH.

Best regards, Clyde
Old 12-14-2007, 07:29 PM   #3
rdlamb

Gads, the DOT with their pants down? Now that is a dose of mental pictures I could do without.
Use to live in Providence. That "NorEasterner" can dump a load of wet, heavy snow.
Hope your RV was winterized.
Safe travels
Rick

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #4
Patriots

Diggin out Earl. I'm only 1 town over in Lincoln and we got 16" up by the dog track. At least we fired the incompetent person responsible for not activating EOC in a major snowstorm. What a fool.

And that had to be the worst traffic I ever saw. I took off to plow in Warwick at 12 and didn't get to over by the mall until 2:30. Usually takes 20 minutes! And that was before the real gridlock set in.
The boys Logan and Tyler
The Wheaton Terrier (or Terror) Frodo
Patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:23 AM   #5
earljan34

patriots, Welcome aboard nice to have someone in the area a member . As far as the snow fall out I think he is only the first to fall, If you listened to the radio yesterday Prov. police chief was in the gym working out during the storm. .

Anyway what do you have for a rig? Also We are close to the PawSox Stadium so we are not far from one another.

Earl

Old 12-20-2007, 02:06 PM   #6
Patriots

Yeah, I haven't added anything for a sig yet, just signed up a few days ago. We just bought a 2004 Conquest Supreme 30 BH TT. Thats an upgrade from a 1986 Layton I rehabbed. I'm towing with a 2006 Ram 2500 Crew with a Cummins.

I know the area. My wife grew up around there and I'm an engineer for the landlord of the Ro-Jacks plaza across from the Harley dealer. Small world!
The boys Logan and Tyler
Old 12-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #7
Retird2Golf

Send a message via MSN to Retird2Golf

Welcome Patriot, any friend of Earls, is a .....well welcome anyway .. ROFLOL :P
Old 12-20-2007, 05:05 PM   #8
Patriots

Thanks, glad to be here. Wish I knew of this forum before I bought, I was looking for reviews on GS TT's and found very little. Oh well, I'm sure we'll have a few issues, nothing I can't handle. If not, that's what warranties are for!
The boys Logan and Tyler
Old 12-20-2007, 06:44 PM   #9
earljan34

Where did you buy the Conquest? Not too many dealers around, We bought the Sun Voyager from Flagg in N Smithfield great price no service.
But we knew that they were not going to keep the line so any service has been done in Elkhart IN, Nice trip except we went in the beginning of March in a snow storm, It was clear till we hit Ohio then Snow all the way in.
Earl

Old 12-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #10
Patriots

We bought it used at Bradford RV in Raynham. I met the sales guy at the RV show in Providence, told him we had a camper we wanted to sell and when we did we'd be in contact with him.

We were tenting it for about 8 years ( myself before I met my wife for 17 years ) but with the boys at ages 2 and 4, it was time to transition to something more practical. I found a 1986 29' Layton and rehabbed the whole thing, new plumbing, floors, bath fixtures, some painting, re-sealed the roof, springs wheels and tires, and some mechanical work. I paid $1700, dropped $1000 into it, and sold it for $4000. It felt like I should create a show called flip this RV. So there was the down payment on the Conquest and now it sits in storage at Bradford because where I was going to put it in the yard is now a giant mound of snow.

I think the only GS dealer in the area is Rousseaus RV in Lakeville. I believe they deal with everything from Class A to TTs. We were headed that way up 44 when we stopped at Bradford and saw this beauty. We talked them down an additional $2000 off the price for a final sale of $12,000. Nice dinette couch slide and a ton more room than our other camper. It's going to be great to not have to make our beds before we go to sleep. Nothing worse than breaking down a dinette and sofa into a bed after a few hours by the fire if you catch my drift.
The boys Logan and Tyler
Old 12-20-2007, 07:20 PM   #11
mfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots
... It's going to be great to not have to make our beds before we go to sleep. Nothing worse than breaking down a dinette and sofa into a bed after a few hours by the fire if you catch my drift.
That was my wife's uncle's #1 piece of advice to us when we first started thinking about an RV -- get something that you don't have to convert the bed to use it!
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:29 PM   #12
Patriots

Hehe, yeah, we had to learn the err of our ways the hard way. But, we were really just testing the waters to see if a TT was what we wanted. After the first trip, we knew we were going to stay with TTs for a while. So we used it for 1 year and then upgraded to the new millenium. Your wife's uncle is a wise man.
The boys Logan and Tyler