Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-08-2022, 10:07 AM   #1
BadX

Default 7 years and the Super Nova is back where we got it

Hard to believe it's been 7 years already but I guess time flies when you are having fun or having to spend money to keep the RV on the road. Let's see, first trip right out of the gate brake controller failure. Second trip, hitch bolts sheer off pulling a 24' enclosed trailer with a show truck in it. On return right rear inner tire blows out. 4th trip eventless(thank god and thought we were over the nightmare)5th trip, living room slide awning breaks and slide gets stuck. 6th trip slide repaired and new awning, only to be sitting at the campground and one side new awning falls off. 6-10th short trips but eventless. 10th trip, thought we blew a head gasket, turned out to be EGR failure, and had to replace the clutch fan at the same time. 11-12th trip I just stayed home and let a couple of buddies use it, no problems, well on one trip the jacks didn't want to retract but they eventually did and haven't had that issue again. That gets us up two months ago. The wife and I decided to sell the house because and build a new house on land we purchased. Decided to live the RV while we build, Bad choice, damn thing is too small for two people to live in every day so we decided to trade it in for a 5th wheel. Called the place we purchased it from to see if we could work up a deal. Offered us $87500 trade in and we couldn't get down there soon enough. Finalized the deal on Wednesday last week, drove the RV down and guess what....that damn new brake controller started acting up only this time instead of the lights just being on after a while they started flashing. Never done that previously. We stopped at a rest area and got back in it and the lights didn't come on and I thought, awesome, lets roll. Well, about an hour and a half later they came on again, then started flashing. I missed a turn(Luckily) and was off the interstate and it went into limp mode. Didn't realize it was limp mode until we stopped and I turned it off and let sit for a minute and cranked it back up and no lights on so off we went. Stopped for the night around 4 AM, got up at 6 AM, showered, ate breakfast and the lights came on again about at the hour mark but never flashed again. We made it, traded it but was honestly happy that b--ch is gone. I really liked this RV when we were originally shopping for one, I had decided to go with a Class A Diesel pusher but the wife didn't like the colors of the inside of it and she wanted this Super Nova, I am glad that nightmare is over and ready to start a new with the frame flexing 5th wheels...lol Its been real and its been fun but it hasn't been real fun. BadX out!
BadX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 11:14 AM   #2
swensondc

Remind me to never travel with you 😊
swensondc is offline   Reply With Quote