Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-24-2021, 08:30 PM   #1
Silent Thunder

Default 19 ERD white wall tires

I swore I read a while back the reason they stopped shipping trailers with the white wall tires is they were having tire failure problems. Now I do a search and I can't find anything. Am I mistaken and if not what brand were they?
Silent Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 01:58 PM   #2
Dducz

Default White walled tires

I have had white walled tires on our 17 srd for two years with no issues. I always ensure they are inflated correctly, torqued and covered when not in use. I also keep my speed around 100kpm. We have not put a lot of mileage though. The other thing I watch is there age as they can be a year or two old when you get them on your new trailer

Not sure this answers your question though
Dducz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 03:33 PM   #3
Smithcd46

Default Best Bet is Quality Tires

Had one of the factory tires blow out after about 2 years on a very hot day going through Las Vegas. Took out the fiberglass fender. When replaced they had a different mold so had to do some creative install to make the new one fit. I would strongly suggest that you ditch the factory tires and buy high quality replacements. I went with Goodyear, but do some research to see which brand fits your needs. If you watch Long Long Honeymoon you will note that Sean calls the factory tires “MayPop”. Here is a link to his video:
https://youtu.be/xibG3Ia1dIw
Smithcd46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:42 AM   #4
Uofu4u2

Default Factory Loadstar Karrier whitewall tires 19 ERD

I am going to give the original tires a C-. Late 2018 purchase, probably 3,500 miles. Tire started losing air in storage so threw on the spare and took it in for repair. Shop refused to fix it, stating plies were separating. He was able to show me differences in tread that convinced me. Waiting delivery of new Carlisle blackwalls to replace. I know 4-5 years is the max you should run tires, but such minimal use with major damage is not good.
My wife is depressed, she likes the classic wide whites.
Uofu4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote