Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2020, 08:34 PM   #1
Vfontan

Default Magnum Remote Control "Unknown Fault"

Last night I noticed my Magnum remote control giving me an "Unknown Fault" message. Details are fuzzy for it was close to midnight and I was a few drinks in but I'll do my best to remember. This is on a 07 Tour Master T40C, hooked up to shore power, 2000W Magnum Inverter. As I noticed the fault, I took a picture before pressing any buttons, I pressed the inverter's on/off button, and the refrigerator, microwave, and TV turned off which surprised me because I am hooked to shore power. I tested around, lights turned on, A/C turned on, etc.
I checked the fuses in the outside compartments, all looked good. Checked the batteries, not overheating. Checked the inverter, not overheating, and turned it on. Checked the inside breakers, none were tripped and turned the inverter's and converter's breakers off and back on and that seemed to do it. The fault message went away and back to normal. I read the inverter's owner's manual and the remedy for an "unknown Fault" is to call customer service. Before I do, has anyone had any similar issues? Any ideas of possible cause?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201114_233801.jpg (135.2 KB, 2 views)