Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class C
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-23-2023, 09:05 PM   #1
idahobill

Default Gulfstream Ultra Super C Tip outs

Help! I have 2006 Gulfstream Super C on a Chevrolet Kodiak. Earlier this summer I lost a tire on the drivers side interior rear. When the tread blew off it hit the wire loom in the tire well and and ripped apart everything. I have a RV shop that was able to put almost everything back together (generator,pump, water heater, interior power) BUT they are at wits end about the slide outs. They need a wring diagram and we have been unsuccessful so far. Contacting Gulfstream did not work (coach is over 10 years old). The nearest Gulfstream dealer is 120 miles from me and they are not interested in repair?? Any help or idea's are much needed. Thank You
idahobill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 09:57 AM   #2
RY469

Sounds like the dealership you went to does not have talent in their service department. Slide out controls are fairly simple to a good Tech. I've done this sort of repair myself many times, just takes a little patience and thought. I suggest you find a better Tech. Take a look at LCI1.com, there are .pdf manuals online there that may help.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 02:46 PM   #3
jamesham

Smile

We had the same problem on our Gulf Stream Chevy C chassis. Left rear tire blew and ripped out much of the rear storage compartment and the wire loom that went thru it.

With luck, most of it was color coded wire. The new WAGO splicing clear plastic connectors made it an easy job. Bought the connectors at Menards and went to work splicing one at a time. Our slide out is a simple 3 wire setup that reverses polarity to crank it back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahobill View Post
Help! I have 2006 Gulfstream Super C on a Chevrolet Kodiak. Earlier this summer I lost a tire on the drivers side interior rear. When the tread blew off it hit the wire loom in the tire well and and ripped apart everything. I have a RV shop that was able to put almost everything back together (generator,pump, water heater, interior power) BUT they are at wits end about the slide outs. They need a wring diagram and we have been unsuccessful so far. Contacting Gulfstream did not work (coach is over 10 years old). The nearest Gulfstream dealer is 120 miles from me and they are not interested in repair?? Any help or idea's are much needed. Thank You
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 06:09 PM   #4
Tinman

I have a 2006 BT Cruiser. Last week my batteries died . It was parasitic draw and I thought it was either the slides or the charger. I called gulfstream left a message and all the info they asked for including a request for the wire diagrams for those 2 systems. Within 20 hours Millie called me back verified my requests said she would research my coach and in 2 hours she sent me 20 diagrams. 19 electrical and one plumbing all for my rv. I find it hard to believe they wouldn’t do the same for you.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote