Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-27-2023, 01:24 PM   #1
lucy5759

Default 268BH Wiring Schematic

Hello. Does anyone happen to have a unicorn named 2016 GS Ameri-Lite 268BH? We're the 2nd owners and little things are beginning to pop up, i.e., sound system works intermittently, outside door light doesn't work at all but used to (yes, I checked the bulb), awning lights are sporadic. The owner's manual is useless. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
lucy5759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 04:02 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Sounds like you have a ground problem. Check all grounds at the frame and any ground connections in any compartment and also at the battery.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:52 PM   #3
lucy5759

Thank you.
Old 04-02-2023, 12:52 AM   #4
Leisure Time Larry

I agree with Ron that grounding issues are the cause of many 12v gremlins. I'll also throw out that sometimes oxidation can build up on the fuse blades and their contact points with the holders. It'd be worth changing your 12v fuses, or at least pulling out and putting back the current ones like 3 times to scrape them and refresh the contacts. That's worked for me before.

Lastly, you can contact Gulf Stream to get diagrams. It might be a chore, but if you really want them, give it a try.
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 11:27 AM   #5
lucy5759

Thank you. We have cleaned all the contacts, replaced all the fuses, & tested all the circuits. Discovered over the weekend that the display panel for the tank & battery levels is faulty. Looks like we're going to have to bite the bullet and take it to a service center and have them go through all the electrical systems. I have been told that GS is very protective of their schematics. I do appreciate you answering. You can never have too much information.