Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-23-2021, 11:28 AM   #1
wsantelope

Default 2007 GS Vista Mini-Cruiser 4530 Window Shade Help

Hi everyone! Our new to us 2007 Vista Mini-Cruiser 4230 has some roll-up window shades that are broken or in operable in the main living area. The two largest ones. Any idea where we can find a compatible replacement or parts? And if you’ve ever changed these out is it fairly simple? Or do we just need to take out the assembly and try to find some curtains or something? TIA
wsantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 08:08 PM   #2
BPeschka

I just saw an ad on Facebook for Ascot Enterprises.

Ascotent.com should get you there

2004 BT Cruiser 5210
Class C
BPeschka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 10:26 AM   #3
Mebryant

I have repaired one of ours...the roller tension needed to be adjusted. The internet is your friend and I found a YouTube video that walked me through the process. It was easy to take down, adjust and reinstall. Is the shade torn or just not able to raise and retract?
Mebryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:59 PM   #4
Amy and her little camper

Default window shade replacements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsantelope View Post
Hi everyone! Our new to us 2007 Vista Mini-Cruiser 4230 has some roll-up window shades that are broken or in operable in the main living area. The two largest ones. Any idea where we can find a compatible replacement or parts? And if you’ve ever changed these out is it fairly simple? Or do we just need to take out the assembly and try to find some curtains or something? TIA
Hi all, I also have a new to me Vista Cruiser Mini and am also having problems with the window shades. I'm pretty sure most of them need to be replaced but I really like the system and was hoping I could find someone who might direct me to where I might find replacement parts. I tried contacting Gulf Stream Coach but haven't heard back yet. I believe the shades in my rig are the originals - they are set into a frame and have a mesh screen that pulls down from the bottom and a night screen that pulls up from the bottom. The two can connect and can be positioned to any height by pinching in the handle and moving the shades up and down. Any idea where I can get replacements for these? I really like the screen option and don't want to just put in roller shades. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you!
Amy and her little camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:43 AM   #5
MjNelson

Default window shade/blinds and question

I am new to this forum and want to hear if anyone has found a place to get these replacement shades. Thanks in advance!
MjNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:46 AM   #6
MjNelson

Hello ~ I have a question for you about your 2007 GS mini vista. We just bought the exact same model and are having issues with power going up hills. It will go 80 down the interstate but as soon as there is any type of incline it looses power. It has been to the sprinter dealer and they are telling us it is just the model and that is probably all the power it has ever had. Do you find that your loses power going up hill? wont shift down and sticks at about 3000 RPM? We are just trying to decide if they are correct or if we need to take it to someone else. Thank you for your reply!
MjNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 01:29 PM   #7
Mebryant

Default Shades and lack of power

Re: shades…check your shades for the manufacturer name on the latch piece. Mine is “Seitz”. Here is a source for parts based on a google search. Appears Dometic now makes or sells these. https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/ve.../seitz-windows

Re: loss of power…we developed the same problem with loss of power with about 30K miles on our 2007 rig. Found the EGR valve had to be replaced. Disappointing but apparently it is not an uncommon problem on the Sprinter chassis around that time. After replacement it was quickly clear that was the problem and our Vista Cruiser has plenty of power for hills which is a good thing living in western WA.

Hope this helps.
Mebryant is offline   Reply With Quote