Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
Grizzly

Default one piece sink and counter tops

I'm new to this board so let me start by saying HI.

We have a 36' 2005 GS Sun Voyager. We have had our share of "NEW" problems that have been resolved without issue, however, we have a battle going on. In Feb. we were out when i noticed that my sink was cracked, when we got home we contacted La Mesa, San Bernardino about the problem. Of course our manufacturers warranty was up, but we had spent the almost $5000 Xtra on the Platinum Xtra Ride Extended Warranty, which we were told would cover inside and out, if it couldn't be fixed it would be replaced. So after going round and round we were told to bring it down for inspection by Xtra Ride, mind you we live in the mountains so this is no short drive. We took it down, left it there for 2 or 3 weeks finally was told we got authoriztion come down and pick out the counter. When we picked it up we chose the counter color and to go with stainless undermount sink, to avoid a repeat of this problem, and then they would call with the time to bring it back. When my husband finally got in touch with La Mesa to find out what was going on, we hadn't heard from anyone they informed us that Xtra Ride was not going to cover the backsplash, the sink covers and the stove top cover, a cost of approx. $600. They said these were accessories, it seems they are now picking and choosing what they want to cover, as far as I can see in every rig I have looked at these were a standard item, that matched the interior design of the coach. We have been trying to get GS to step, but as others have learned they or I should say Lori is not very responsive. I emailed Brian Shea this morning, we'll see what that does.???? Has anyone else had the same problem or have any comments.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote