Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-02-2017, 03:19 PM   #1
rwc

Default New To Gulf Stream

Picked up a 2004 Gulf Stream Friendship G7 last week and having difficulty learning the how to with a lot of stuff. Figured out that TV operate only when AC is available. The information in the papers that came with does not help much as they are generalities and
Old 11-07-2017, 05:48 AM   #2
exjay

Had to figure alot out myself or watch alot of YouTubes when I got my first camper. Ask any questions on you might have!
Old 11-07-2017, 06:50 AM   #3
rwc

Thanks for the reply. Some of the things that I am finding out about my coach are making me go "DUH"
Old 11-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #4
GreenProducts

Greetings, new to Class C and new to GulfStream, had a class A 30 Airstream Land Yacht.
Questions, why does battery wear down? Cant seem to find anything running off coach battery or truck battery.
What is the toggle switch by the door for?
Thanks Callie
GreenProducts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:44 PM   #5
exjay

Not sure on your class C since I have a TT but I would imagine anything running on 12v would pull off it if not on shore pwr over time (LP detector, interior lights etc) There is minor run off on the battery expecially if its left connected but with the unit not in use like any vehicle the battery will slowly drain and require a charge/jump over time. how fast is it running down w/ being used and how old is the battery?
Old 11-08-2017, 07:48 AM   #6
rwc

Green Products the toggle switch by the door disconnects the house batteriesz so that any thing left on will not drain batteries.All batteries have aq luife span consisting of how many times they can be charged and discharged. Some batteries do not like to be discharged below 50% and will die soon if this happens. Golf cart batteries and other batteries are made for deep discharge and tolerate house use better. Car batteries are start batteries and afford high cranking amps but do not like deep discharge.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:08 AM   #7
McKannick

All RV's have several devices that all suck a little 12v power all the time and will totally drain a battery to zero volts over time, which will really hurt the battery. All the decent rigs have a disconnect switch (sometimes not plainly marked) that should always be turned off when the rig is not going to be used for a while. If yours doesn't have a switch you should add one to save your batteries. The switches are in all kinds of configurations: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...cut+off+switch
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:26 PM   #8
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

One of my two Flat Screens can be operated on 12v, or 120v; see if yours is plugged into a 120v to 12v power supply adapter; if so, you will only need to change cord
THenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote