Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-15-2020, 05:04 PM   #1
Little Marriott

Default Fridge not cooling

Hello! In have a fridge problem in my 2020 Vintage Cruiser. I am propane only tonight, fridge is not cool and the "check" light is on. Help please!
Little Marriott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:09 PM   #2
Leisure Time Larry

Uh-oh! Well, I hope you have implemented a backup plan like a ice chest to hold you over. First, do you actually have propane? Next, go close the propane valve, count to 30, then reopen it as slowly as you can for the first full turn. You can then go faster to open it all of the way. This will confirm that you reset and do not re-activate the built-in safety valve.

Go to the propane burner, turn it on on HI, and let it run for a bit. How does it look? Were you able to light it? Is the flame strong and steady? Does the system seemed purged of air?

Go to the fridge. Turn it off (if you haven't already). Turn off anything else that makes noise. Turn the fridge back on and listen. When it tries to activate on GAS MODE you should hear the igniter clicking trying to light the flame. If gas is present, you should hear the flame light and the clicking stop. If gas is not present, it will usually try 3 or so ignition cycles when you will hear the clicking, and if the flame doesn't light it will put the Check System light on. If it does this, turn the fridge back off and then on again for another cycle. It may just be having a hard time getting gas to the fridge. If it still doesn't light after 5 cycles, you likely have to do more work or investigating.

Good luck!
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:44 AM   #3
Gregory

Is tje gas button in the proper position on the fridge?
Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 06:24 PM   #4
Little Marriott

Thanks!! Saw this when I returned home...I will go thru these steps and see what happens. My hot water worked so I know I have propane.
Little Marriott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:28 AM   #5
cal258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Marriott View Post
Hello! In have a fridge problem in my 2020 Vintage Cruiser. I am propane only tonight, fridge is not cool and the "check" light is on. Help please!
you might have air in the line from the propane tank. turn the light the stove top burners for a few minutes and then keep restarting the fridge. if its a air bubble in the line it will work its way out faster. hope it helps rc
cal258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 12:54 PM   #6
ghoney1

Myrvworks.com has excellent repair videos on rv refrigerators. You can also catch it on you tube
ghoney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 02:20 PM   #7
Steve Little

Default Reefer not working.

Often, rust flakes will fall from the chimney wall onto the burner, blocking it. You might check that through the air adjust port.
Steve Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 02:48 PM   #8
reality124

Default Propane on frig.

If you have checked what everyone else has said, also check for ignition and if ignition but it doesn’t light, check for spiders nest in propane tube of heater. Make sure you turn off the propane and the refrigerator when cleaning. Should turn on without a problem now.
reality124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 04:45 PM   #9
[email protected]

If all the information does not correct your problem, call Dinosaur Electronics and give them the model number of the refrig. I had the same problem and was told about the dinosaur replacement box. It is very simple to install and it worked instantly. Never had another issue for the years I owned the motorhome. Give this a try and you will be very happy.
dolphindlg@verizon.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 05:52 PM   #10
Chuck v

I second the recommendation on Dinosaur Electronics -- I used their controller to upgrade my suburban furnace when it was not lighting reliably.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:48 PM   #11
gwirth

Everything said was good information, but I didn’t see one important item addressed. Do you have 12 volt power, are yout house batteries charged. A propane fridge will not work if there is no power to the control board.
gwirth is offline   Reply With Quote