Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-24-2022, 11:12 AM   #1
Eddndee

Default which bedroom slide system?

2007 Gulfstream 8295 Independence. My bedroom slide wont retract. The motor runs but no slide movement. I was able to easily push the slide back into its stowed position. Does any anyone know what system this is? The motor is under the bed but I don't see any cables or any other mechanism to drive the slide.
Old 10-30-2022, 12:03 PM   #2
Puettz

I have a 2007 36’ Gulfstream Crescendo Model 8356 and the bedroom slide is electric. It has 2 cables that connect to the outside of the slide. They will slip out easily if they are touched. I am not home or I would send you a picture. With the slide deployed see if there are 2 cables hanging down.
Puettz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 05:34 PM   #3
db77

I have a 2006 Sunvoyager 8339 with the same problem. I can’t tell if the motor is the problem or a roller seized. There is a gear track on the bottom of the slide and the motor must have a gear like a starter but I can’t tell for sure until I remove the bed and get down inside the frame and operate the slide. If I get to it this week I will respond to your inquiry and let you know what I find. Our coaches are a year and it sounds like we have the same system.
Old 10-31-2022, 04:38 PM   #4
Eddndee

Quote:
Originally Posted by db77 View Post
I have a 2006 Sunvoyager 8339 with the same problem. I can’t tell if the motor is the problem or a roller seized. There is a gear track on the bottom of the slide and the motor must have a gear like a starter but I can’t tell for sure until I remove the bed and get down inside the frame and operate the slide. If I get to it this week I will respond to your inquiry and let you know what I find. Our coaches are a year and it sounds like we have the same system.
I have the motorhome ticket in tight until these storms blow over. I don’t see any carriage, candles or tracks on the outside. I know the motor is good but I still haven’t determined the type of slide it is.
Old 10-31-2022, 05:56 PM   #5
Bike Dr

Hello I have the Atrium 8410 SE. And the slide is electric motor that runs a gear in the center that moves the slide in and out. With no cables.
First you need to determine if the gear is also turning when you hear the motor running it's just a gear that moves the slide. Look for a shear pin or set screw to keep the gear tight on the shaft to move the slide..
It should be that simple unless something binded and caused the gear or shaft to break.
Hope this helps out a little!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!

2005 41'4 Atrium 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' Weller's inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 02:28 PM   #6
db77

Well I finally got my bdrm tore apart. What a disaster. All the welds on the aluminum frame are broke and part of the plywood sheeting split. Easy fix. Once that was taken off I discovered my slide problem, the motor housing had cracked and when I unbolted it, it fell in 2 pieces. I unfortunately had to call Lippert (Power Gear) and they cross references the part number and I ordered it to the tune of $1168.00. While I wait for the part I am going out looking for a job (Ha Ha). I hope you have better luck with yours. My motorhome is just like me, getting old and need new parts. Good Luck.
db77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 08:51 PM   #7
Bike Dr

Oh goodness! You do have quite a little project! But mine was no walk in the park. You can't trust what people tell you when you buy something most of the time it's sad to say. I do still want to replace one more area of flooring for cosmetic reasons as my coach is 17 yrs old. But it has taken a year to get it back into shape and updated. But it was truly worth the effort we really enjoy it now..and I'm not considered old yet lol but I'm definitely feeling it, things that took 10 mins now take an hour! But I'm still getting it done...good luck and I hope to hear more of your progress!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41'4 Atrium 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' Weller's inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Old 11-20-2022, 10:28 AM   #8
Eddndee

During the chassis service the mechanic removed the motor and discovered the roll pin had sheared. Easy fix.
Old 10-29-2023, 12:09 AM   #9
Willyt

Hey Bikedr….Willyt….I have an 02 Friendship that when i try to extend my bedroom closet slide….the motor runs as it should but the slide doesn’t move, how do I access the motor and gear ? As always thanks for your help !!! Willyt
Willyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 02:42 PM   #10
Bike Dr

Hello!
The slide on my Atrium in the bed room is a short slide and can be accessed under the bed. I only have 3 slides, you may have 4. If your slide is a full height slide the slide motor could be in the lower storage compartments. You should be able to see the track under the slide to determine where the motor is, or look for a compartment in the bottom of the slide inside the coach by removing possible drawers depending on your particular model and design. it sounds like the pin has come out or gear has broken on the motor shaft from your description.

This should help you a little more as to where to start looking!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41'4 Atrium SE CAT
2017 20' Diamond closed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 Mini Cooper